By Emmereen - 23/08/2016 02:21 - United States - Auburn

Today, I overheard two classmates wondering who Joan of Arc was. They agreed among themselves that she had to be the wife of Noah. We're in college. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 732
You deserved it 1 108

Emmereen tells us more.

It didn't sound like they were, but I suppose I can give them the benefit of the doubt.

Top comments

I think you only have one option, Start a hundred year war to end their stupidity.

I'm not sure if this is a failure in education or humanity itself

Comments

I think you only have one option, Start a hundred year war to end their stupidity.

And in the end, one will be burned at the stake.

I'm not sure if this is a failure in education or humanity itself

She probably wasn't in a question on the standardized tests so they skipped teaching about her.

Absolute bullshit. She was Moses's wife, everybody knows that.

Please, I read on the Internet that she was Jesus' wife. It's 100% true since it's on the Internet.

Nobody lies on the internet because there's nothing to gain by doing so.

She was obviously that comedian who died a couple years ago.

Sir_Cow 17

So some don't know a little bit of history and so what? Do you know every thing?

Sir_Cow 17

I know who she is but it's not important to know. What if the are majors in engineering or mathematics?

Not knowing is ok, but concluding on facts knowing that you're ignorant to the subject and without doing proper research, that is not ok.

Then they'd have an excuse to think Joan of Arc is another term for Joan of 2πr•θ/180. Concluding she's the wife of a man who built an ark because her last name contains "ark"—wait, "arc" is an illogical leap I hope most mathematicians and engineers would be embarrassed to make.

Im 20, in college, and have never once been offered the information about who joan of arc was. I have no idea beyond some kind of badass historical lady who did something important. And I don't care enough to go look up the information because i will most likely never need it.

Also in college and I didn't even know that much. I'm not a history buff and this has never been taught in any of my classes. I could similarly call people idiots for not knowing something I know about animals/biology.

I was never taught but when I heard of her I looked her up. We barely learned of any female leaders/celebrated females so It was actually nice to read about her

DoomedGemini, feel free to do a brief search for Ada Lovelace and Heady Lamarr. The former is considered the world's first programmer, and the latter was a silver screen actress who invented a jam-proof radio guidance system for torpedoes. This system was refined and serves as part of the foundation of the wireless communication chips in the device you're likely reading this on. I swear, it sounds like fiction.

Yup, I knew that. Pretty damn cool that those women set a path for today, not just Joan of Arc. I find it funny that I learned about those women due to a youtuber named GradeAUnderA. Cause I sure as hell didn't know that in high school.

ulissey_fml 22

Well, she was , and the two of them lived in Marble Arch in London, so that they could be safe from the English rain ( which was the reason why Joan of Arc lit a fire in the first place ).

Ha, for a split second I thought someone misspelled "safe from English reign"... Well played.

sailorkristina 11

Joan of Arc, Noah's Ark... seems legit

People are too close minded to see it, but it's as clear as day.

I bet you this was the actual connection linking those two. Hilarious man, I wouldn't have thought of it myself, but now you've put it out there, I can imagine the conversation. On the topic, there are almost infinite combination of historical figures to know about. I bet I know some you don't and vice versa. Joan isn't the most well known and the most recent pop culture reference, was at 1999 movie which came out when you guys were 3. College is hard enough without having a judgmental or superior attitude. Relax and enjoy your own hobbies. Mine just happen to be reading, so I do know who she is and many more.

I have faith that someday their minds will spread out and give each other some space, to see it all.

She must be rolling in her grave hearing this.

Her ashes were thrown into the river Seine.

She doesn't have a grave, and she was burned at the stake. They continued burning her body until it was only ash.