By DramaticEmily - 03/03/2015 00:29 - United States - South Jordan

Today, I noticed my ex was feeling down. We ended things on good terms and I've been wanting to start things up again, so I figured I'd bring him dinner to cheer him up and maybe hang out. Looks like he and his one night stand get to eat my home cooked food while I go home to Netflix. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 021
You deserved it 8 408

DramaticEmily tells us more.

Hey guys, OP here :) Maybe I should clear some things up. I did tell him I was coming over with dinner, he didn't tell me he had someone over. He wasn't being rude about it, just didn't cross his mind. He's sort of oblivious like that. And yes, I'm still really into him and from when we talked last, I thought the feeling was mutual, but I didn't really expect much to come from this. Wishful thinking was all, really. I guess I was right to think nothing would come from it, too. Oh well, time to move on, I suppose :) Your comments are all cracking me up, though!

Top comments

Why'd you leave the food? I wouldn't have.

Who needs an ex when you have Netflix?!

Comments

I think OP still wants to be more than friends, in which case its kind of a ydi for not just being honest.

hoosiergirl94 31

They are called EX for a reason

While I do feel bad for OP, it's only in the sense that she likes someone who doesn't like her back anymore. Breaking up is sad, but you can't go to someone's house unannounced when you've broken up and expect them to be pleased to see you or expecting you!! How could this be the guys fault!!

PizzaElHutt 7

Should've just suggested a three-way......

Hey guys, OP here :) Maybe I should clear some things up. I did tell him I was coming over with dinner, he didn't tell me he had someone over. He wasn't being rude about it, just didn't cross his mind. He's sort of oblivious like that. And yes, I'm still really into him and from when we talked last, I thought the feeling was mutual, but I didn't really expect much to come from this. Wishful thinking was all, really. I guess I was right to think nothing would come from it, too. Oh well, time to move on, I suppose :) Your comments are all cracking me up, though!

Can I ask why you guys broke up to begin with?

Netflix is the best significant other anyone could wish for. You made a good choice.

Different life paths, for now. We made a good match, but he's not sure what he wants to do in life and I appear to be heading in the opposite direction.

Even though you said it ended on good terms, some still took it as a negative. That's why I asked. I mean, that still sucks but I hope everything works out in the end. :)

It sounds like he moved on before you lol so I really don't know why you'd want to start things up again before asking if he's doing something with someone else. Ex's are ex's for a reason.. If he didn't want to go anywhere in his life and stay the same then that's his own thing and if you couldn't change him to go forward then just leave it and never go back. You on the other hand are young and you can find someone who's on the same level as you, just because things ended on a "good note" doesn't mean it's always a good sign to go back.

khoov19 20

at least you know your food is good nd be confident tht you are the better person knowing tht your so thoughtful

Hey, I brought you something. PSYCH! I'm a bitch, so I'm going to take it away, because you dared to have a life separate from me.

an ex is an ex for a reason. let it go op. he sounds like a jerk anyhow.

Where in OP's follow-up does it say that he's a jerk? Did you read that part?

There's an old saying that someone is an ex for a reason, even if you ended on good terms it is probably better this happened so you can move on.