By DramaticEmily - 03/03/2015 00:29 - United States - South Jordan

Today, I noticed my ex was feeling down. We ended things on good terms and I've been wanting to start things up again, so I figured I'd bring him dinner to cheer him up and maybe hang out. Looks like he and his one night stand get to eat my home cooked food while I go home to Netflix. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 021
You deserved it 8 408

DramaticEmily tells us more.

Hey guys, OP here :) Maybe I should clear some things up. I did tell him I was coming over with dinner, he didn't tell me he had someone over. He wasn't being rude about it, just didn't cross his mind. He's sort of oblivious like that. And yes, I'm still really into him and from when we talked last, I thought the feeling was mutual, but I didn't really expect much to come from this. Wishful thinking was all, really. I guess I was right to think nothing would come from it, too. Oh well, time to move on, I suppose :) Your comments are all cracking me up, though!

Top comments

Why'd you leave the food? I wouldn't have.

Who needs an ex when you have Netflix?!

Comments

That was a sweet gesture OP, I'm sure he appreciated it. I'm sorry that it turned into such a painful experience for you though. You need to keep in mind that you guys have separate lives now, and that calling or texting before will make things less awkward all around.

I'm glad you said ex! You deserve better, OP!

askullnamedbilly 33

Why, what did the guy do wrong? He's single now, so he's allowed to have one night stands. The way the FML is worded, it sounds like OP went over unannounced, so it's not like he could've avoided that awkward situation.

They're an ex for a reason. I stand by that.

20, You shouldn't. You should try to disown your idiotic comment as quickly as possible. They are BROKEN UP. This means that she no longer gets the right to come over unannounced to his home, and then be upset when he's with another girl. Why? Because they are no longer together. If you think she's justified in her feelings or "deserves better", then there's really no hope for you. You can't just go over unannounced to the house of someone you used to date, and then run off upset when it turns out that they actually moved on with someone else and got over you.

Sorry to say OP, but it sounds like you deserve it. Not because you weren't being caring and thoughtful, those are both amazing qualities to have. But because you went over there without notifying him first. That's how it sounds in the FML anyway.

You could have joined for the sharing.

codytallica 38

Sorry OP but in other news I'm free tonight if you want to bring me some food and hang out:)

If OP was a man, what would be the odds of terms like "nice guy" and "friendzone" getting mentioned in the comments? After all - she did something nice, but wasn't COMPLETELY selfless... Either way - I'm glad at least the "he's a douchebag for not remaining faithful to his ex" comments are getting downvoted.

Don't go to you ex's simple as, you can't assume because you want him back, he wants you back.