By teeth - 30/01/2009 18:23 - United States

Today, I meant to forward an email to my friend mocking a coworker's email, but I hit "reply" instead of "forward". FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 249
You deserved it 45 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i dont really understand this FML. Seems OVERLY dumb, I mean.... you hit reply FIRST, then it goes to the message, then you write it and push send, of course, ESPECIALLY if your making fun of someone, checking to make sure its going to the right place.

Abstinent_Panda 0

First off, if the co-worker's e-mail made them look stupid, they deserve to know they are retarded... #2- Outlook still lets you recall e-mails. You just open the sent e-mail and go to "other actions" on the action tab and recall message.

Comments

OP doesn't sound too smart, but you idiots don't have to be dicks about it. Accidents happen, it's an FML for a reason, calling them dumb for mistakes so blatantly and offensively makes you a failure of aperson ^^

DeadxManxWalking 27

reply doesn't do anything till you hit send...

iceclimbers1 0

if you are forwarding an email to someone, you'd have to type in their email address, so how could you accidentally send it to the wrong person? fake.

gamerdude66 8

obviously, you type in the email AFTER you press forward.

I can just see op face palming she they realized XD

This is dumb. When you hit forward you need to type in your friends email address or select their name from a list. So if you hit reply by mistake instead, you're going to type your friends name in to the To: field still anyway (cause you're thinking you pressed forward) and it won't go back to the person who sent it. Your friend will still get it but the subject will say RE: instead of FW: You'd also notice that the To: field has been automatically populated with the original senders email address when you go to enter your friends address.. so youd realise before you send it unless you're a total knob lol.