By sunflowercake - 23/08/2009 23:10 - Canada

Today, I made a very pretty sunflower cake that I woke up incredibly early to make. It took me hours and a lot of money. It was for my grandparents anniversary and my whole family was invited. We only got to see the remains because the waiter gave it to the wrong family, and they ate it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 931
You deserved it 2 373

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Man, you really cant say ydi to this. Unless your ******* retarded

Comments

The restaurant should have let you have your meal for free or at least discount it. It was their screw up. The other family wouldn't have known... but definitely FYL.

I think the other family would have known that wasn't their cake and told the waiter ? But instead they just ate it

Darling_Cherry 5

How would the other family not say something about it though? A restaurant doesn't just hand you a very elegant cake without any type of explanation...the waiter must have said something like happy anniversary or congratulations. What a ****** up situation.

Maybe they were celebrating some kind of anniversary too and ordered a cake through the restaurant, but didn't know what it would look like. That's the only reasonable explanation I can come up with...lol... :)

Na that seems a bit far fetched, who orders a cake when they have no idea what it looks like

Yeah seriously. I think the family that ate the cake are the biggest douchebags. I mean they just eat a cake without asking why they got a free cake? Asswipes. I hope you shit on their faces.

if someone gave you a free cake would you ask them why? why questions someone supposed generosity?

I wouldn't question generosity, but I've never gone to a restaurant and been given a cake *or anything else I didn't order* without being given an explanation. In that case, what any DECENT person would do, is correct the waiter. Now, there's the chance that the waiter was not only stupid, but also bad at his job. So I suppose that its within the realms of possibility that he just dumped the sucker on the table and said, "here." Either way, I hope OP complained and was compensated in some way.

@45, it's not just someone's "supposed generosity" its the restaurant's "supposed generosity" which would never exist! If they handed me a huge cake, or ANY dish with no explanation I would ask to make sure I'm not being charged for it or something. A little slice or cupcake maybe, but a restaurant would never give you a free huge cake.

aaaaa12345_fml 0

they would if it's your birthday..

i know a lot of restaurants that have birthday cakes but you damn well have to pay for those mother *******. and $5 for the picture. and $10 for the buddha drink cup you get to keep. only thing free is when the three servers and a busboy come round to your table and embarrass you in front of the entire restaurant.

I hope you do the most inhumane stuff to that waiter.

FYL big time, compain to the manager and demand your money back

matthewtck 0

i agree or make the waiter pay if it is his fault

You really didn't deserve that...but in the future, with something personal like that, you should probably hand-deliver it, just to keep something like this from happening again.

I think it's really harsh for people to say you deserve it but tbh there's always a few moaners. I agree with all the poeple who said the restaurant should have compensated for you. I do feel really sorry for the waiter/waitress though, if I made that mistake I'd be so gutted...

considering your name is ydi_bitch and your pic is "YDI" i'm not really surprised! Bit of a pointless hobby voting ydi to lots of people...

i would have cussed the waiter out. Then made them make me a new one or buy me a new one.

awww... thats so rude.. i hate people!

that sucks... some people are so ignorant.