By blue. - 19/05/2011 23:32

Today, I'm the coach of a football team. To celebrate winning a game, they poured a cooler of blue Gatorade over my head. This would've been great, if not for the fact that I'm highly allergic to blue food dye. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 216
You deserved it 3 456

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kingtz 6

Did people just stand there and watch you go into anaphylatic shock, thinking it was your celebration dance?

Comments

bengermin 5

Football? In May? Is this weird to anyone else?

a little but maybe their from New Zeland or something where the season is completely different?

The English football season is just coming to an end. Same for most of Europe. New Zealand being in the Southern hemisphere will be in the middle of the season, except for the professional league which is played over summer as it cannot compete with rugby or AFL.

not to me. in alaska practice is about to start in a week or two and games start soon after. it just depends on where you live.

guckylynn 19

Semi-pro teams play currently all over the US.

bengermin 5

You know, I learned something today...

Is this guy talking about arena football?

How does someone be allergic to a dye considering not all dyes are manufactured the same way...? And wouldn't you then be allergic to green And purple as well? Wtf...something's wrong here. Sorry op,

At no point did he say he was allergic to blue dye exclusively, it's fair to assume for the sake of the story he left out those which had no baring on it. I assume if he'd said "I'm highly allergic to blue, green and purple food dye" your comment would've read "what do green and purple have to do with it?".

boatkicker 4

No, not all dyes are manufactured the same way, but since FML isn't going to be cooking a meal for OP, it doesn't matter WHICH type of blue they are allergic to. My fiance usually says he's allergic to red dye, rather than specifying that he's allergic to Red #40. It doesn't matter. When you're buying or cooking food for OP, then you need to know he's allergic to Blue #3 (or whatever), otherwise "blue dye" is specific enough.

you're usually only allergic to one main colour dye. and in most cases its red. but odd people like him &i are apparently the other cases allergic to blue.

boatkicker 4

I meant to add earlier (but had to rush off before I could finish) that certain types of dye are banned in certain countries, whereas "blue dye" is universal.

robc32ca 4

the coach usually has control of which flavor is ordered. knowing you are allergic ... ydi for ordering blue gatoraid!

not really. in some places they actually have other people in charge of that stuff, whether it's team managers, people running the concessions stands, or whoever's in charge of where they are and seeing to it they get what they need.

yea most of time its the home teams job. or concession

Gatorade is for the players more than it is for the coaches.

I feel sorry for the team, their coach Is crying about blue dye on fml, learn to man up!

you think that would have come up in one of your team meetings... or you would not have bought blue gatorade...