By Anonymous - 20/01/2010 15:59 - United States

Today, I lost my job to a girl that graduated with the same bachelor's degree from the same college as me. She also got a master's in an unrelated field. I've been working there 7 months, and her master's in maths apparently makes her a better athletic trainer than me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 274
You deserved it 4 296

Same thing different taste

Top comments

carrotpuke 0

She's probably hotter than you.

You're an idiot if you think your degree is the only thing that counts to qualify for a job.

Comments

tdawgheath 0

Uh, dude, that's exactly how it works. Sorry it happened, but they get people based on how trainABLE they are, not trained exactly. It has nothing to do with you. I personally think it'd be worse if they didn't even have a degree. Or, like my cousin, who was replaced due to the other party knowing the principal while the new guy didn't even have a master's degree yet. The world is a little crazy sometimes, but look at it this way, you have the degree AND experience now, so finding a new job will be a lot easier.

There's obviously something wrong with the OP, and I don't think it's not having a degree in math.

UHRedRaider 1

Coming from another athletic trainer... It's not the degree that makes you valuable to an employer... It's your knowledge base, work ethic, and rapport with the athletes and parents. Luckily there are usually jobs open in the summer time. If you're really in doubt why you were replaced just ask your previous supervisor for their constructive feedback. This could end up being an enriching experience.

So the key to getting your FML posted is to type in all caps and using letters in words. Got it!

JudgeComrade 17

I'm just happy people are finally saying maths and not "math".

Triangle6757 9

Well she's probably a mathleate