By owch - 23/11/2015 21:21 - United States - Maumee

Today, I learned that if I take my full dosage of Vicodin, I will throw up all day. I also learned that if I don't take my full dosage of Vicodin, I will be in excruciating pain all day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 362
You deserved it 1 552

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And then you learned that there's other kinds of painkillers

Vicodin isn't the only PK there is. See your doc for something else.

Comments

awww =( I'm sorry to hear that op! I hope you feel better. it's a double edged sword I guess! either you are in pain or you puke up your guts =(

MonstreBelle 28

Opioids can be hard on your stomach and vomiting is a very common side effect. Go see your doctor about it and ask if it's okay for you to take an anti-emetic with it or if there is something else s/he can do to help if it's not okay like trying a different pain medication. It can also help to take it with a little bit of bland food like crackers instead of an empty stomach.

My mom vomits from taking Vicodin as well. I'm on it to manage my rheumatoid arthritis pain and the only bad side effect I get from it is probably just sleepiness. You should ask your doctor for another pain killer.

BooBooKittyF11 21

need different pills sorry you get sick dude

They don't need different pills unless it persists over an extended period of time, it's a completely normal reaction to starting a high dose of pain killers such as Vicodin, the body just needs time to adjust. OP- stick it out, or talk to your dr about anti nausea meds or possible omeprazoles. I take both with the morphine at the moment, first week wasn't fun but the sickness dies down after a while!

BooBooKittyF11 21

you may even need a lower amount it my br too strong for your body to handle ot you're allergic. Vic doesnt fo anything to me but over the counter stuff gives me stomach cramps

Ugh. This drives me crazy. Nausea is a SIDE EFFECT not an ALLERGY.

lilchica22001 22

Try eating some saltine crackers and drinking some almond milk before you take your meds. The milk will coat your stomach and the crackers with salt with help settle it. Also try to drink some ginger or lemon tea. They are both great for nausea. If those methods don't work, then ask your doctor for some zofran or phenergan. I'm a registered nurse, I have a lot of experience with these things. Good luck OP!

I've been there before, OP. There are other kinds of pain killers, you should definitely talk to your doctor about them! In the mean time, don't take your Vicodin on an empty stomach, it makes it worse. Best of luck!

my doctor prescribed me with nausea pills when he put me on oxycodone becuase of the side effects of the pain killers

I had the same experience, but learned that you have to eat a meal before you take Vicodin