By Anonymous - 08/09/2016 03:01 - Canada - Niagara Falls

Today, I just got my windshield fixed due to a rock hitting it off the highway. Just one hour later on my way home, a large stick flew off the back of a landscaping truck. My windshield is cracked again. FML.
I agree, your life sucks 15 016
You deserved it 945

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope you have some sort of insurance or warranty for that.

lexiieeex3 32

Hopefully you have good insurance... In the meantime, maybe don't make a habit of driving behind trucks?

Comments

Owner should be responsible for damage. Write down his license plate number and the company be works for and contact them. If not, hope you have good insurance!!

That happened to my dad except it was a chunk of gravel instead of a stick

This is a good argument for paying for comprehensive auto insurance coverage. The only auto insurance claims I've ever made were to replace broken windows and windshields.

This is why I love having a dash cam! In our state, all items in a truck bed or trailer that's loose must be tarped. If there are loose rocks or sticks on a construction truck or trailer, I can call the company and get them to cover the repair. It's either that or they get a huge fine for not cleaning/covering their equiptment. We can also call the police over uncovered tarps! Maybe check your states laws and nab that licence plate next time!

jbarrick17 10

Pretty sure there is no such thing as an "uncovered tarp". Maybe an "uncovered truck bed". Use the correct terminology or you risk sounding like an idiot.

species4872 19

Well, if there is a tarp covering the load which has become loose for some reason and as such the load is now exposed one can say an "uncovered tarp" with the clear implication that the load is not fully covered by said tarp, even despite the fact that the load is uncovered not the tarp however the meaning is not lost and will lead the initiated to the correct assumption of an exposed and inherently dangerous load.

#17 Sorry, I did try editing for one thing, but it was such a pain in the butt to scroll over using text selection I didn't care anymore. Boy, I sure missed you grammar police! And thank you #23, it can work that way too! I dont feel as bad not editing!

jbarrick17 10

sounds to me like you need to stop tailgating

You should probably keep a larger following distance...

It boggles my mind how many people assume you were "too close" or tailgating. If a truck is moving, things falling off the back can go a good long distance, especially if the wind catches them.

While I agree that sucks, I'd suggest not following work vehicles in the future (especially landscaping and gravel trucks). They have a bad habit of not securing their loads, much to the misfortune of those behind them.

hardattack62 5

Highway, high speeds, items dislodge have high energy, high energy equals greater distance travelled. Less scientifically, people get hit by stuff coming out of those trucks when they're 20-30 feet back. Assuming that someone was tailgating because the truck improperly secured its load is some flawed logic.

If you got its license plate number, you can report it to the agency or the cops. They are legally obligated to cover their load.