By Anonymous - / Saturday 6 October 2018 13:30 /
You could also like
Add a comment
You must be logged in to be able to post comments!
Create my account Sign in
Top comments
By  ohsnapword  |  21

A well worded letter from your attorney will clear that right up.

By  ohsnapword  |  21

A well worded letter from your attorney will clear that right up.

  Michael Hicks  |  3

Alaska undoubtedly has an enforcement division for the minimum wage. No attorney needed. Just tell them, they'll send a nicely worded letter; and it will have a LOT more impact. At the federal level, I think it's the FTC that does the same, but they'll only force your employer to cough up the federal minimum wage. Unless your employer LIKES fines, they'll cough up the money. But start looking for a new job, no matter what you do.

By  Chazzster  |  20

Look closely at the entire pay stub - It should be able to answer your questions. What is the pay period indicated? How many hours are shown? Are there any large deductions?

Most companies are behind by one or two weeks on the pay period. It’s possible or probable that your first check was covering only part of your time there. Assuming that’s what happened, the next check will be a full check. If after looking carefully at your pay stub you have questions call HR on Monday, but be calm and respectful. Otherwise you will get a reputation as a hothead and that won’t help you at all.

  cazziuz1983  |  8

while I agree with you mostly I do have to say,dont be respectful(assuming there is no garnishment, ectect)its his money.
myself I always keep my daily clock in and out slips,yeah I get paid min wage so each penny is mine when I earn it,company damn well better pay up,done lost 2 jobs cuase they altered my hours after i worked my shift and got corporate involved over it