By Anonymous - 13/03/2013 23:22 - United States

Today, I invited my girlfriend to go eat out, hoping to put her in a really romantic mood. She decided to tell her friend, who then invited herself and another couple along. I ended up being made fifth wheel, and had to sit alone at an adjacent table. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 374
You deserved it 4 316

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mimiminx 23

Why didn't you tell her you wanted it to be just her? Could have solved a lot of problems.

To me it sounds like your girlfriend is using you! Explain to her how you felt about what happened and see if you can go out again? (if she will apologize!)

Comments

dude it drives me crazy when girls think their best friend should be there ALL THE TIME. I'm trying to be a romantic boyfriend, not a walking babysitting wallet

Start talking about your sex life and your bowl movements loudly and obnoxiously next time your girlfriend and her friend pulls some shit like that. Trust me: your girlfriend will never want to let her friend tag along on your date again, and her friend won't want to invite herself either.

*bowel. Although discussing dishes may bore them all to death and have the same effect.

more like she won't want OP tagging along next time her and her friends go out. that's a great way to get yourself excluded permanently. Seems counterproductive to me

I really hope you didn't pay for her or anyone else's meal with her pulling that crap.

Damn, the last sentence really makes tge difference here. Anyhow confront her, and maybe eat her out afterwards, who knows.

Um, yes, it's usually the last sentence that describes what the FML actually is.

you should of let her know it was going to be for you and her, not for a group. specifically you asked only her just next time be sure to inform her

Just book the table for 2, hey babe lets go out tonight I have booked us a table for two!

Bunny21 11

Sorry but what a bitch, especially your gfs friend. Who the hell does she think she is inviting herself and others. I would have eaten and left. Wants to pull that crap on me then she can pay both our meals.

FYL OP. Next time, make your intentions more clear or at least grow a backbone and sit by your girlfriend. She is YOUR girlfriend right? Nevertheless, FYL.