By OneGirlsLife - 15/06/2017 06:00 - United States - Spartanburg

Today, it was supposed to be my birthday dinner with two of my friends. They're both now bringing their boyfriends, so I get to be the fifth wheel to my own birthday dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 907
You deserved it 369

Same thing different taste

Top comments

UniUni 16

Your friends are really rude, if the boyfriends were not invited, they shouldn't have bought them to YOUR birthday. They have no manners.

If that were me I probably wouldn't have enjoyed myself at all. That wasn't very nice of them to turn your birthday celebration into a double date and exclude you. Hate me all you want but I honestly would've left.

Comments

Damn, totally should have found a male friend to pretend to be your boyfriend and come to dinner with you.

UniUni 16

Your friends are really rude, if the boyfriends were not invited, they shouldn't have bought them to YOUR birthday. They have no manners.

If that were me I probably wouldn't have enjoyed myself at all. That wasn't very nice of them to turn your birthday celebration into a double date and exclude you. Hate me all you want but I honestly would've left.

You should've told them "no". It's your birthday celebration not theirs if they want to bring their boyfriends they should do it on their own birthdays not yours.

explain you want a girls' night out. if they're good friends, they'll understand in a heartbeat

Dumper420 3

I'd totally dump them and find new friends.

chessu 21

Thankfully, not on my birthday, but my girlfriends keep doing the same. Every time I organise a date with them, last minute, the boyfriend has to come along. And it's probably not even a controlling issue thing or whatever - it's just that I also know the boyfriend who probably has no plans so - why not bring him along, right? It's pretty annoying and you do feel a tad out of place, especially with two couples, so I feel ya! I hope it wasn't too bad for you

Lobby_Bee 17

Bitter much? Hate seeing other people happy when you're not? Unless they are assholes, they are just there to celebrate your birthday with you. The more the merrier.

Not if you want a night out with just your friends. It's her birthday, not date night.

Just suggest that the guys go out to the bar together and watch sports they probably would rather do that anyway!!

Maybe their boyfriends are your present and you're going to get a wild birthday MFM threesome. Better than a gift card to Lane Bryant.