By yanksbitethebig1 - 16/03/2009 01:09 - United States

Today, I heard back from my store management interview at Target. I was offered an overnight stock clerk position. When I called HR to find out if my application was in the wrong file I was told I lack the leadership qualities necessary for Target. I graduated with honors from a military school. FML
I agree, your life sucks 84 088
You deserved it 6 137

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i used to work at target doing that job. you're not missing out.

wowFML123 0

I don't get why you're complaining. Military school obviously leaves you with an inferior education for working at Target. There's stocking shelves, answering phones, operating a cash register, mopping floors. You may even have to show customers where things are located in the store. I think you may actually have to have your PhD to work there.

Comments

Forget Target. Go to a decent to great college, get your undergrad degree, maybe go on to get your master's and then, and graduate to get an awesome job. And remember never to shop at Target.

They were probably looking for experience more than education.

#10, was there actually any question about the sarcasm after the PhD remark? lol

maybe not everyone equates military school/experience with having leadership qualities.

Depends if it was west point they are purely focused on leadership all the generals admirals and other high ranking officers come from the army not really marines ariforce or navy except for a few exceptions

It seems Target is a very demanding and a competitive company.

I just escaped four years at Target. And for part of that time I was in management. Believe me, you are far better off being denied. Target -used- be a wonderful company to work for... those days are definitely in the past.

military school means you're good at taking orders and doing what you're told to do. andthe honors just means you're really good at listening. Anyways target sucks.

why even apply for target if you graduated with honors?

Wait, if you came from a military school, why not go for a better job?