By madden2014 - 19/09/2013 22:23 - United States - Los Gatos

Today, I had to put up with a student who stubbornly insisted that King Solomon was, in fact, a Pokémon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 626
You deserved it 3 085

madden2014 tells us more.

OP here. For those of you who are curious, I work at a public high school teaching English. The class of interest here was my Advanced Placement English Literature and Composition class (made up of SENIORS). The issue came up because a sample practice objective test I passed out had referenced some biblical stories and a couple of students had questions on it. He still thinks Solomon is in one of his Pokémon games.

Comments

Okay. What? How on earth did he get that into his head?

Yeah, everyone knows that King Solomon is actually Batman, not a Pokemon.

Idk but for everyone who doesn't know who King Solomon is, he was the Ruler of Jerusalem from 970 to 931 BC. Also, he was a complete badass.

Complete badass? Sounds like a pokemon to me...

There's some Pokemon with the word "king" in it right? The pink one? Or am I just crazy like the kid

Nidoking or kingler. Nidoking is the pinkish purple one

DKjazz 20

Seaking, Slowking, Slaking, and Kingdra, as well as the previously mentioned Nidoking and Kingler.

Stop Pokee me Mon (in Jamaican accent, aka, what ja-makin)

lincolnkite 6

Who knows what Pokemon will be in X and Y....

I think the student may have gotten confused with slowbro, which evolves into slowking.

@43 Slowbro doesn't evolve into Slowking. They're both possible evolutions of Slowpoke who evolves into Slowbro from leveling up, or evolves into Slowking when traded while holding a King's Rock.

Gingerette 8

#56, thank you for being you, in all your definition-providing glory.

zeffra13 31

Could be mixed up with Salamence too.

King Solomon is a metal band, right? Right? ;) Yes, I'm an ignorant atheist bastard lol.

Really? You can't find a better place than FML to brag about being an atheist? "Oooh this will REALLY piss off the Christians!" Your attempt at edginess just made you look like a pitiful attention *****. At least shout your belief systems from the rooftops using mediums wherein people actually give a shit about them.

Shh. You are making the educated athiests look bad and they're getting pissed. We may have a riot on our hands. Oh wait... They dont care either and would like you to Stfu.

DKjazz 20

I had to look this up since it sounded familiar from the old Saturday morning cartoons. There actually is a digimon named Salamon. It's pronounced more or less the same as King Solomon. It's possible OP mixed up Pokemon and Digimon. I dunno.

ileenefudge 29

In his defense, Pokemon is awesome :)

I agree its pretty fantastic. Although this kid clearly has no huge love for pokemon. I dont care that he didn't know who it was, I didn't. But thinking it was a pokemon! That's crazy

Pokemon is indeed awesome but come on everyone knows there's no such Pokemon....yet

epicRawrz 16

Everyone who played the old pokemon classics still lives in their own pokemon world, including me.

What type did he say it was? I would love to hear his argument

All I can imagine is a angry fisherman kicking one and it turns into a gyarados.

Well **** my bad dyslexia sucks. I could have sworn that said salmon....

The **** did that smiley give me the finger for? :O