By Ineedjustice03 - 25/03/2011 11:55 - Singapore

Today, I had to dig into my savings to help my parents pay for their divorce. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 714
You deserved it 4 183

Same thing different taste

Top comments

maby171 0

Uh.. no you don't, that's not your problem

kinga08 0

Parents should never involve their children in their marital problems. Sorry OP that you have to deal with that, it's not fair to you.

Comments

please don't help them, you will be the cause of there breakup. One if your parents won't be happy and they will hate you forever.

Mabster84 2

They should make PSA's weekly about how not to be a moron. You are it.. Your parents made the decision to divorce, not you. If they are having difficulties working out the finances of it, then they're screwed. This is NOT something that befalls the responsibility of their children... Here's a little PSA for you: DON'T put your name on ANYTHING that isn't for you i.e. car, house, apartment or any other financial responsibility for ANY reason. This includes the all important boyfriend/girlfriend -whom-you've-known-for-a-month-but-are-madly-in-love-with-and-are-sure-they-feel-the-same-about-you situation... DON'T put money into something that you know you can't be paid back for, or the person whom you are loaning this money to is known for spending their extra cash on expenditures that aren't needed/necessary instead of paying their bills. Your parents are no exception. They are grown, and as far as you are concerned, always have been.

divorces are only like $400 if you do it without lawyers and contesting everything. sooo either your parents are very, very poor in which case you are technically paying to make them happier or they did things the hard way. regardless, it shouldn't be a Fml situation because they've paid for everything your whole life...help em out.

Who says you absolutely HAD to? I certainly wouldn't fork over my money to pay for my parents to get divorced.

Baby_Blues22 0

How in the world did u let them talk u into paying for their divorce? It was their choice to get married in the first place and to get a divorce. FYL for having to go through that, but u totally deserve it for actually giving them your money from savings.

they would have to stay married cuz i wouldnt help pay for that.

Lubpynk 0

Wow some parents they are. They should wait til they have the money and pay for it. How could you expect your child to pay for your divorce? And #70 really? so what if they paid for things for their child that's what parents do duh! I could see if it was for something else like food or a roof over their head but not a divorce.