By Awahso - 16/10/2013 21:42 - United States - Buford

Today, I had to buy a new boxcutter for work after our old one broke. It came in a box, the type which policy requires a boxcutter to open. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 225
You deserved it 3 612

Same thing different taste

Comments

I'm sorry... you have a policy that tells you how you should open boxes? Use your head! My god.

graceinsheepwear 33

That's a very standard safety policy. It makes the employer not liable if people use knives or loose razor blades or even the side of scissors and slip and cut themselves.

caysters 12

You can slip with a box cutter too. Have a scar on my arm to prove it. It's a ridiculous policy. I'd go nuts if my work had that sort of policy, especially with people disappearing with my box cutter all the time.

graceinsheepwear 33

To everyone suggesting ways to open the box, OP managed to use a computer and submit an FML, so I'm betting they got the box open. The FML is not the impenetrable box but the conundrum of the policy.

In case such should happen again atleast OP has a few things to try right?.

And thank god too. I don't think "Today, I couldn't open a box. FML" would have gotten posted.

**** his life for seeing the irony in his minor situation.

That's like when you buy scissors BUT YOU CAN'T OPEN THEM BECAUSE YOU NEED SCISSORS.

perdix 29

Go to a shop that rents tools and take out a box cutter to open the one you bought. Your boss will be pleased to reimburse you for the expense, that is, if he is so anal about policy.

Parkour_rocks 20