By Lauren - 20/08/2012 03:53 - United States - New Market

Today, I had to bail on yet another date with an awesome guy. Every time I make a date, my hateful mother slips laxatives into my food so I'm glued to the shitter until 2am. This is the fourth time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 676
You deserved it 4 172

Same thing different taste

Top comments

giantsfan2010 23

You haven't caught on yet? Just don't eat the food.

Comments

Do the same thing to her once, except make sure you take her somewhere public with no restrooms close by. Then drive off and let her find her way home

TcheQ 12

This is abusive! Call child protection

Why don't you just not eat anything she gives you...?

I'm pretty sure you can sue her for that. Laxatives aren't that harmless, y'know.

Wouldn't they mess up the body (internal plumbing so to speak) eventually?

PhishloverA 14

How old are you? Move out. If you can't, just don't tell her. How rude of her.

catanita 18

On the day of the date do not eat anything that she gives you. What an evil mother.

Are there any circumstances where this would be acceptable parenting? There's something wrong with your mother, instead of getting even with her you should call someone. She needs mental help.

perdix 29

Yes. 1. The OP is 12 and the "awesome guy" is 35. 2. The OP is mentally incompetent to make decisions about her own sex life. 3. The OP's husband is in the military and deployed overseas. I could go on. While these circumstances are highly unlikely, these could be reasons for the mom to take such desperate measures.

No, none of those make POISONING someone acceptable. You can do serious long term harm with overuse and misuse of laxities, and under no circumstances should they be used in this way. If the girl is 12 and the guy is 35, call the police on the guy, don't poison your daughter. If OP was mentally incompetent to make decisions on her own sex life i doubt she would have to competence to write a FML that actually gets published. Don't poison your daughter. If OP's husband is deployed overseas tell her to stop or you WILL tell him, Don't poison your daughter.

raraisbang 12

Technically it's very unlikely that giving her laxatives 4 times is doing long term damage, and it's hardly poisoning her. I know people that put laxatives in drinks as a prank. Of course, if she continues to do it then it becomes more of a serious issue (not that it wasn't already because poisoning or not it was still wrong) and OP should contact CPS, move out, or just avoid telling mommy dearest when she's going on dates.

Mother knows what's best for you, darling!

I'm going to go ahead and assume that OP didn't figure out what her mother was doing right away. Sometimes, you eat a meal and then you get the runs. OP probably didn't attribute this to laxatives until it happened a few times. I certainly wouldn't assume it was laxatives if I ate a meal then got diarrhea unless it happened multiple times...