By Applejacks18 - 06/06/2013 05:01 - United States - Helena

Today, I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I woke up right as the dentist pulled my last tooth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 391
You deserved it 3 484

Applejacks18 tells us more.

OP here. I was awake for about 2 minutes before they knocked me out again. My tooth actually broke on the way out so I heard the dentist debate with his staff whether or not he should just leave the root in. The dentist is a cool guy and even offered to buy me lunch sometime.

Top comments

zingline89 18

Same thing happened to me. The feeling of having your tooth ripped out and you can't do anything but lay there paralyzed is absolutely horrible. I had nightmares for days.

Comments

sorry you had to go through that OP. I wish I could've recommended the dentist who took mine out (all 4) but I forget his actual name and secretly call him Dr. Einstein. did they give you a prescription for some meds to take before you went in? those ones were supposed to help with the anaesthesia. I'm trying to remember the pain meds they gave me incase I needed it....the name starts with "O" that's all I'm sure about. hopefully the pain doesnt last too long.

In Australia they don't put you to sleep to have teeth removed. They just numb the area like you're getting a filling. At least u got knocked out... Kinda. I've sat through 10 teeth extractions.

the_dumb_duck 7

At least it was the last tooth as opposed to the first tooth

Working in a Dental office I have to say, this is very uncommon. Must be an American thing to be put under general anesthesia while getting an extraction.

caysters 12

No. It's a wimpy person thing... Lol. Had all 4 of mine pulled and was awake the whole time. My ex is terrified of needles and for a single tooth, cavity, or whatever, has to be put to sleep though.

avapaige1234 19

This is the main reason why I left my wisdom tooth alone and settled for pain relievers.

Not everyone can do that! Infections can cause a lot of problems and end up in your blood, or if they are coming in the wrong direction (like 2/3 of mine were completely sideways) then the only solution is removal.

i smell a law suit.. IF OP wants to go hell on earth, you might get a buck or two out of the old dentist

Poetaster 10

Ouchh sweety.I woke up 1h after I was supposed to lol.Still look like shit thought.