By Applejacks18 - 06/06/2013 05:01 - United States - Helena

Today, I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I woke up right as the dentist pulled my last tooth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 391
You deserved it 3 484

Applejacks18 tells us more.

OP here. I was awake for about 2 minutes before they knocked me out again. My tooth actually broke on the way out so I heard the dentist debate with his staff whether or not he should just leave the root in. The dentist is a cool guy and even offered to buy me lunch sometime.

Top comments

zingline89 18

Same thing happened to me. The feeling of having your tooth ripped out and you can't do anything but lay there paralyzed is absolutely horrible. I had nightmares for days.

Comments

I am amazed when I see and read about foreign dentists with full sedation, painkillers and what not. My (Dutch) dentist gave me local anesthetics, a ball of gauze against the bleeding and I couldn't eat and drink for an hour. At least you had all 4 pulled. Thats an upside :)

I was the same when I got one of mine pulled. Just local anesthetic, and an advil afterwards. The reason I was getting it pulled was because it had become infected, and the pain of the infection was significantly worse than the pain of getting it pulled. Luckily I was only born with 3 wisdom teeth, so there's just 2 more to worry about. I have my fingers crossed that neither gives me problems.

That happened to me too. This has got me wondering if maybe they only give you enough to get through the first three. Hmm.

if they're really good (and you tell them you want a high enough dosage to make you see fluffy rainbow unicorns) it should keep you out for a good while. I know everyone's systems are different and what worked for me might not work for others...I only remember a blue wall and applesauce from that day. if I knew what they did would share the info.

I had mine taken out yesterday.. The recovery process is hell in and of itself.. I'm sorry for your experience

I can just imagine the look on your dental surgeons face when you woke up OP. F both of your lives.

i can feel your pain since i was awake for both of mine being pulled.

That's absolutely terrifying. I'm very sorry that you had to deal with that traumatic experience, OP.

Dude I woke up while they were removing mine, half way through. I woke up freaked out, they sedated me. lol

vanessa09865 23

you would think that they would know what they're doing

And you'd be right? Some people have stronger resistances to sedatives and will wake up faster, while others have weaker resistances and won't wake up for a while, gotta adapt the dose.

sorry to a reply to a top comment, but i got my wisdom teeth taken out, the surgeon told me that with the medicine they use, IF you woke up, you would not remember a thing, and pass out again. Im skeptical on this FML.