By Applejacks18 - 06/06/2013 05:01 - United States - Helena

Today, I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I woke up right as the dentist pulled my last tooth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 391
You deserved it 3 484

Applejacks18 tells us more.

OP here. I was awake for about 2 minutes before they knocked me out again. My tooth actually broke on the way out so I heard the dentist debate with his staff whether or not he should just leave the root in. The dentist is a cool guy and even offered to buy me lunch sometime.

Top comments

zingline89 18

Same thing happened to me. The feeling of having your tooth ripped out and you can't do anything but lay there paralyzed is absolutely horrible. I had nightmares for days.

Comments

They are suppose to give you LA along with putting you to sleep ... Shit surgeon i suppose.

I don't get how people can say this person deserved it...their anesthetic wore off, and there was no douchebaggery committed to justify being awake for the pulling of a wisdom tooth.

babyshaft408 8

that does suck but don't feel too bad. I came out of anesthesia from having 4 wisdom teeth pulled just bawling my eyes out. I sat straight up, took the gauze out of my mouth and was just crying my eyes out. Once the disorientation wore off a bit, I realized I had no idea I was crying and instantly stopped crying.

caysters 12

Boo hoo. They still numb you even if they put you out. I was awake for the entire thing when I had mine pulled.

Tell me, caysters, just how dya know that in this particular case the patient was also numbed?

saw95 6

I had kinda the same thing happen when I had my wisdom teeth surgically removed. I woke up somewhere in the middle of the surgery I was so freaked out I started crying even though I didn't feel anything.

That sucks a lot. That's one thing I cannot stomach, is any pain at the dentist. Most thing I can usually handle but not that. Sorry OP.

ownage99988 1

Sorry dumbshit, but that's impossible. When you are getting your wisdom teeth out, there is an IV in your arm, constantly pumping anesthetics directly into your bloodstream. They do not stop until the surgery is 100% complete and you would be okay to wake up. It usually takes about 20 minutes, despite that. So don't make up FML's. It's not funny.

summerstark89 0
pwagz51 3

I was awake for the pulling of all four of mine.