By Sadwife - 06/10/2016 17:36 - United States - Pardeeville

Today, I had my wedding at 11 a.m. so that I could spend a lot of time with my friends and family. Everyone left within 4 hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 132
You deserved it 1 986

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Typically guests don't want to make a wedding (or most any event for that matter) an all day affair, so don't feel too badly, OP.

Wedding guests often don't plan to stay too long because they feel the newlyweds will want some alone time together. At least they came out for your special day, and you got to see them and then spend some time with your new spouse!

Comments

Sorry people didn't stay asking as you hoped. Beautiful time for a wedding though! I hope it was happy regardless of who came and stayed.

now I feel bad leaving my cousin wedding in 2hr-1.45 hours on the 8th but he was more wanting to spend it with his bride maids and best men and friends then family and his wife is way into pictures so that took I think she say it took 4 hours for the pictures separate time frames though

polsen4273 8

I'm guessing you didn't have an open bar. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

i dont understand how all of yall are saying 4 hours is pretty long. If i drop 20k on a wedding and invite 100 people they better stay all day and drink all the alcohol provided. i mean its supposed to be one of the most special days of your life and also the most expensive in some cases. i dont know how the standard american culture is but European weddings last all weekend with at least half of the guests partying to the end

usually american weddings last a day at most. more time is spent on preparation the day of than it is at the actual ceremony/reception, especially if a lot of the relatives have young kids. hard to keep kids polite and in nice clothing for more than a few hours.

four hours is quite a while, especially if you're tired. they probably had to wake up pretty early to make it there on time. don't feel too bad op, more time for you and your spouse.

Same thing happened to me except that people began leaving at 2, before our dance. Our dance ended up being like 5 people dancing around and then we ended for pictures because really what's the point of that? But I was happy to not be too tired and drained to have sex with my husband.

polsen4273 8

Honestly the idea that you coukd be to tired and drained to have sex on your wedding night is incredibly sad. I am so sorry for your hisband

ninelives4 1

People need to stop acting like their wedding is the most important day in the world to every one of their family and friends. It's an important day for you and your husband and maybe a few other family members, to everyone else it's just an expensive party that they have to dress up for and bring a gift to. Get real, open your eyes, and stop being so self absorbed. This is why my boyfriend and I don't even want a wedding. Waste of time and money.

Four hours is totally normal for guests to stay. Didn't you want to spend time with your significant other?

Most people only stay for a few hours. I'm sure they wanted to give you and your partner alone time.

well usually the newly weds want to be alone. you apparently not so much. weird