By urrrppp - 26/03/2010 09:44 - Netherlands

Today, I got through to the phone interview stage for a great job. When the phone rang, I answered and suddenly, spontaneously, burped really loudly. The interviewer hung up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 819
You deserved it 11 025

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Couldn't you put down the phone for a second, press the mute button, or just say, "excuse me"? This is not a situation that regularly happens to people... honestly, if I were the interviewer, I would have been sort of put-off, too.

Comments

Anyone ever notice that when a girl burps in public...90% of the time she is cute! I guess Cute girls have enough self esteem to burp in public...but if she farts...thats a different story haha.

There's a cutie in my unit who burps and cusses with the rest of us. Keeps us thinking of her as one of the guys.

expen_dable 0

that's a double standard, it's cute when pretty little girls burp but when fat girls burp its disgusting and you throw things at her.

Did you apply for a job at the gas company? if not, FYL for sure. Otherwise expect a 2nd interview, and be prepared to fart in the phone.

Lols at the ability to have a conversation that's long distance via telephones.

Peacemaker9 7

Couldn't you put down the phone for a second, press the mute button, or just say, "excuse me"? This is not a situation that regularly happens to people... honestly, if I were the interviewer, I would have been sort of put-off, too.

MilkMcChugger 0

OP, I just want you to know, if I had been the interviewer, you would have gotten a laugh and a job. But yeah, you probably should have pulled the phone away, at the very least.

MollyyMakeout 0

So? You burped. I'm pretty sure the interviewer was human, and has burped in some point of his or her life. Just call back, apologize, and play it off with a little sense of humor? Maybe.

Oh my god, they HUNG UP on you? Wow, that's just a tad ridiculous!