By Anonymous - 13/08/2015 01:18 - United States - Kingman

Today, I let out a huge fart during a job interview. I was the one conducting the interview. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 406
You deserved it 5 191

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, look on the bright side. You outrank them, so they should regard you with respect anyway.

Where's the problem? Your job doesn't depend on that fart.

Comments

Well, look on the bright side. You outrank them, so they should regard you with respect anyway.

Just say that it was part of the interview; a test to see how the job candidate would handle an unexpected, awkward situation with a senior staff. Honestly, it would have been much worse if you were the interviewee. If you're that bothered I guess you could just not hire the candidate. I wouldn't recommend that though.

you could basically poop on your desk and they would probably still want the job. I'm glad you care about appearance but it's not really an fml.

I feel like singing the theme song from Frozen...let it go, let it go...

Trust me, I won't...I actually can't stand that song...lol.

34, I am sure your body is absolutely perfect right? Insult her shitty comment if you want. Weight has nothing to do with wit.

tantanpanda 26

OP's "one with the wind" alright.

MrThump 16

Interviews can be very hard for some people and nerve-racking. Way to break the tension bud! You rock. Haha, how could you not laugh if in this situation. Either party.

Exactly! If I was being interviewed for a job and the interviewer farted I would instantly be more comfortable. Maybe a little perturbed by the smell but I think in general it would definitely lighten the mood.

Where's the problem? Your job doesn't depend on that fart.

he was conducting the interview,not being interviewed.

That's why he said op's job DOESNT depend on it.

Kassutera 7

It's ok OP. The guy probably was so nervous during the interview that he probably thought he did it without knowing

theamazingd 17

At least you weren't the one being interviewed. That would have sucked...

Claim it's a legitimate interview technique. You want to see how the prospective employee deals with challenging social situations.

Sometimes they accidentally slip out at the most inopportune moments. Plus , this would have helped the interviewee relax, unless they were a humourless sort.