By estallidos - 23/01/2010 05:13 - United States

Today, I got out of the hospital for the second time in a week. The first time was for a seizure that my cat induced by tripping me over. The second was to get stitches from the Doberman that had decided to take over my front yard while I was gone. Apparently I was intruding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 242
You deserved it 2 446

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Perhaps you should avoid animals in general for awhile...

A dog decided to take over your front yard? You sure you didn't just go to the wrong house 'cause you were messed up from your pain meds? lol

Comments

dobys are sooo nice and sweet and luvable if you train them right *looks to poopsy* right baby *poopsy* right

I guess Im not sure how tripping over a cat gives you a seizure.... unless it was a photophotic seizure and when you tripped, you accidentally turned on a strobe light. I'm on seizure meds and i'm a walking accident, but never cat-induced. Hmmmm.

SarahMarie83 0

If you shot my Dobbie, your ass would be right back in the hospital. But he was raised well and is not aggressive so no worries here. Most dogs won't attack unless they are hurt or threatened. So what did you do?

What did do? Came across a dog that wasn't the same as "most dogs", perhaps? Or even "most Dobermans?" There are always exceptions, as you yourself indicate.

No, this person is just a really obvious troll.

There are several breeds of dogs that get mistaken for pitbulls, so the number of attacks is very inaccurate. In reality, they have a lower bite incident occurance than chocolate labs and chihuahuas, but those dogs aren't scary enough to put on the evening news. If it's got teeth, it can bite. punish the deed, not the breed. It's ignorance that passes breed ban laws....

Indeed, many breeds are mistaken for pits. "Pitbull" isn't an official breed, so anything close enough to a pit to be mistaken for it, I place under the general label of "pits." It isn't "punishing the breed" to ban them, it's protecting children and other people who can't defend themselves as well. Seriously, people are lobbying to ban large boas and pythons, which have cause ZERO deaths in the USA, yet pits kill forty kids a year in the US but no one thinks of banning them?

Yes, most "bad dogs" (I don't actually think animals can be bad or evil, btw, that's why I've been using terms like aggressive and dangerous) come from bad training, but if a simple lack of training results in such a deadly animal, that animal should require a license to own. Of course it isn't the animal's fault, but that doesn't mean dangerous animals should be allowed to roam the streets.

Sorry, but did you even read my comment? I don't think all "potentially dangerous" animals should require licenses, I think animals that are PROVEN to be extremely dangerous, aggressive, and often deadly, and that are also commonly owned by people who don't give them the training needed to be safe animals in order to have "guard dogs" or something, should require a license. If you had read any of my other comments on this thread you would know that I know many breeds are capable of attacking and killing people, and IMO any animal that regularly kills people (at least a few per year) should require a license to own as a pet. That's just common sense. It's like a gun license, driver's license, etc. Dangerous things should require licenses to own. I don't understand why you think the deaths of many innocent children is justified because some pits are "great dogs." I'm sure if you had an ignorant neighbor who thought it was okay to have an untrained pitbull loose in his backyard, and that pit came into your yard and killed your child (if you have one), you would want his right to own dogs to be taken away. Requiring a license to own does the same thing, except without the kid dying part.

Jeez, last time there was a mean dog that wanted to kill me, I ended up becoming friends with it.

Shooting the dog was a jerk move. There are alternatives, and even beating it in self-defense is okay, but there's no need to use so much force.

You got a seizure from tripping over a cat? Fail

The only reason people don't like pets is because they take the attention away from them, so I think #20 should take a good look at him/herself before calling someone else an attention *****.