By Anonymous - 14/01/2011 07:38 - United States

Today, I got my car back from the shop. The engine has been rebuilt twice in the past 3 months. My check engine light just came on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 545
You deserved it 3 513

Same thing different taste

Comments

bugmenotmofo 34

OP, the check engine light usually has something to do with the electronics, or emissions. My check engine light has been on since I bought my car because of emissions related things, but it doesn't affect the driving. Go to a local auto parts store and ask if they can scan your car, and that will tell you why it's on. And not to be mean, but a lot of women don't know about cars and garage's KNOW this, and exploit it. Please find another mechanic, I can't stand garages who rip people off.

By the sound of it, unless you have a really unique car, the cost of the repairs will soon exceed the cost of the car. Save up for a new car. Or at least a used one that doesn't need to have its engine replaced all the time.

sallen0046 4

Take your car to somewhere like Auto Zone that can hook your car up to a computer and give you the specific error the light is indicating. Parts stores are always a good bet if you don't have a highly trusted mechanic since they don't do repairs and aren't going to exaggerate in hopes of getting you to pay for services you don't really need. Obviously your mechanic isn't too bright if you've had the engine rebuilt twice. Do not have it done a third time, and most especially not get anything done by the same shop. If it's not a simple fix, it's time to get yourself a 'new' used vehicle. Rebuilt and replaced engines rarely run anywhere near as well as an original.

get a second opinion, ur garage is screwing u.

U shouldn't be trying to do 110 in a minivan fag

sexyscooter 0

facepalm... gulible people....

jknjonas 0

You could have probably spent that money on a cheaper, more reliable vehicle at this rate. Though it could just be a wiring issue.