By heatherfeather22 - 31/07/2014 03:28 - United States - Ottumwa

Today, I got into trouble at work because a customer complained about my face tattoo, I don't have a face tattoo but I do have one behind my ear. Nonetheless, I still got written up and had to cover it with a band-aid, which ripped out hair when I took it off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 227
You deserved it 11 202

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't understand why people are so offended by ink. Unless it's derogatory or gang related.

With your name instating heather can't you cover that tattoo with your hair?

Comments

I wouldnt even hire anyone with a visible tattoo...

Yeah, because tattoos are a direct indication of someone's work ethic and morals. Give me a break.

knippy 9

You can have tattoos as a nun. You can't add to them AFTER you join the convent, but if you have them before it's ok. Some convents, depending on rules, will ask that you has them removed but others are ok with it.

How would anyone know if a nun has tattoos unless its directly on her face. They're usually covered from head to toe in their habit.:P

lesson of the day - must use band aid properly

Well if u work there long enough u wouldnt have to worry about it pulling out your hair

knippy 9

As long as the tat wasn't obscene or graphic I don't see a reason why she would have even cared, most people have visible tattoos now and it's no worse than having multiple piercings or dyed hair. It's silly that you had to cover it up.

Axel5238 29

Certain things are associated with certain groups. These places have to keep clients happy and if they don't trust someone in an office because there hair is hot pink and they associate that with people that do drugs and it sucks it is outdated, but it's easier to ban across the board than it is to go into every possible situation. Bars in certain areas, got tired of people wearing ed hardy or affliction because enough of the people wearing that stuff were starting trouble and it's associated with a certain type of crowd. So they banned it outright because it was driving away business. If it impacts the companies image/bottom line they do what they can to control that.

I don't know how professional someone can look with bright pink hair. There certainly some things that are not acceptable when professionalism is required.

knippy 9

I don't think it should matter how you look, but how you act. If you uphold professionalism with your actions and attitude pink hair shouldn't make a difference. I understand that people associate certain clothing, hair, tattoos and piercings with certain types of people, but that's discrimination and stereotyping which is considered wrong by a majority of people. It's as bad as not hiring someone with blonde hair and blue eyes because they might be a nazi, or someone who has cornrows because they might be ghetto, or even not hiring super pretty people because they might not be that bright. It's a stupid stereotype that needs to be done away with.

Axel5238 29

There are certain things that business requires if it was a tattoo of a religious symbol or what have you that's one thing. However, most businesses have guidelines as to what is or is not acceptable whether it's in line with what you think or not. When I worked at a hospital I didn't have to cover my tattoos, but I could cover them with long sleeves. I am well aware that certain places may not hire me if it required short sleeves unless I could cover them. Your freedom of expression cannot affect, their image or their bottom line. Also, what you do outside of work can affect that social media isn't protected and the things you say or do can affect them you will lose your job even it isn't at work.

This is quite normal, especially if the work place is somewhere like a hospital.

Or literally anywhere dealing with people.

Dodge4x4Ram 46

interesting spot for a tattoo,, did it ever occur how your job opportunities decrease

vividpictures 17

Cover it with make-up! Works like a charm for me.

Tattoos have come along way in getting accepted but still not there yet by all. I work in a bar and even there they're uptight about visible tattoos; despite the majority of bar guests have tats themselves and even our owner/all managers have them. I feel bad for some of the guys employees that have those sleeve tattoos because they are forced to wear long sleeve shirts and it's hot as balls living in Miami.

Animekid126 13

I feel like a band aid would repel me more than a tattoo