By Not so much of a teachers pet - 22/10/2014 20:55 - United States

Today, I got in an argument with my teacher for always comparing me to my sister that she had a few years before. After I said, "I'm not my sister so please stop comparing me to her," she responded, "Of course you're not your sister, I actually like your sister." FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 232
You deserved it 5 768

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, are they even allowed to say that? What an asshole.

I bet your sister wouldn't have posted an FML about this.

Comments

DianaFrances411 13

That's was rude and that's not the way a teacher is supposed to behave with a student, you know. They're not allowed to make those kind of rude comments.

That's so unprofessional of her to treat you that way, much less make that comment. What a raging bitch.

I don't have an older sister, but I am one, and I don't know if this is common but when I hear a teacher compared my litter brother or sister (usually my brother) to me, I get so pissed off. sorry she said that, OP. Shes not worth you're time if she's the type of person to say that to a student. but if she keeps it up definitely find a way to report it, that isn't right. good luck! :P

Sounds like my math teacher. He compares me to my older cousin all the time.. She was good at math. It's like a foreign language to me. But he's funny and I don't get offended easily so it's all good.

Getting compared to your siblings always sucks bug you just gotta show them you're unique and not like your sister.

MamaZombieCakes 17

All my teachers compared me to My sister. It was backwards though she was the "Bad kid" and they didn't want to take the time to help me because they assumed i am just going to turn out like her and waste there time.

MamaZombieCakes 17

Oh geez haha. i never realized that when i submitted it. Haa.

report her with the principal, that is mental abuse!

It was rude of the teacher, but NOT mental abuse. Not. Even. Close. I hope you (or anyone here) never ever has to deal with what mental abuse really is. It's a deep, living hell that you're stuck in.. without a ladder to get out.

Stuff like this always makes me feel bad about being the oldest. Just know that us older siblings aren't trying to make things tough for you, and we don't want you to be compared to us, either. Hang in there, OP.