By Not so much of a teachers pet - 22/10/2014 20:55 - United States

Today, I got in an argument with my teacher for always comparing me to my sister that she had a few years before. After I said, "I'm not my sister so please stop comparing me to her," she responded, "Of course you're not your sister, I actually like your sister." FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 232
You deserved it 5 768

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, are they even allowed to say that? What an asshole.

I bet your sister wouldn't have posted an FML about this.

Comments

nikojhavlin 12

To be honest I would say that too. I am a teacher but I could say something horrible to someone and sound serious. Afterwards I would say Im joking

I know how you feel OP. I too live in the shadow of my older sister. Some people just call me "Jenna's sister" instead of by my actual name.

Your teacher is an asshole, and you need to tell your parents and tell the principal and get this bitch fired.

Doesn't sound like the teacher was joking. And remember the teacher constantly does this. Also, if OP is making an FML about it, I'm pretty sure she was serious

Karan0217 6

Maybe it's your attitude don't argue with teachers YDI

Right because it's okay for a teacher to blatantly say "your sister was better than you". No. Teachers don't have ******* divine right and I feel like sometimes they forget that they are talking to someone who deserves respect they want. Honestly, if a teacher is going to talk to her students like that, she isn't fit to be a teacher.

Also, if this is a constant thing that the teacher does, OP is more than entitled to say something because students aren't just supposed to blindly listen to a teacher just because of their title. It's also legally regulated that teachers respect their students the same and he teacher wasn't doing so.

Teachers can joke around, it's not like they're supposed to be über serious 24/7.

I think there is a difference between joking around and telling a kid that their sibling is better than them. There are these things called boundaries.

Daaaaaamn! What did you do to deserve that?!

You shouldn't say that to your teacher, no matter how much you hate the bitch. Your life will be a living hell now.

A few years ago, I had a manager at work say the something very similar to me regarding my brother who worked a different shift. It really sucks, I'm sorry op

SexyWildRednecks 17

That's so wrong! I am the oldest of 5 and never has this happened with my younger siblings. That teacher is wrong every person is different and I'm sure you are just as great as your sister. That teacher just made a dick move. Stay amazing and do great!