By PictureLess - 10/01/2010 17:14 - United States

Today, I got home from a family trip to Disney World. I had taken nearly 300 photos of our trip on my new digital camera. As our car pulled into the driveway, I was using my camera to try to delete one unflattering shot of me. I accidentally deleted every picture off the memory card. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 836
You deserved it 38 193

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What?! Every digital camera I've used has a confirmation step, so that you would have had to hit 'yes' or something like it twice to avoid situations just like the one the OP had.

I would have cried. Honest. I love taking pictures and I would hate for the same thing to happen to me.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

ydi for being too noobish to understand how to use an 'undelete' program. They have an almost 100% recovery rate with photos, especially when all you did was delete photos off a locked memory stick (i.e. no other data gets written to it).

Fake all cameras ask if you want to delete all photos before it does it

What?! Every digital camera I've used has a confirmation step, so that you would have had to hit 'yes' or something like it twice to avoid situations just like the one the OP had.

my god op I no exactly how u feel!! I went to Italy a few years back. took about 300 photos of Rome. and while fiddling with the setting the camera froze and when it went back on all my photos were gone. I was shattered!

I would have cried. Honest. I love taking pictures and I would hate for the same thing to happen to me.

Stop using it immediately and google a software that can undelete photos of memory cards...all is not lost yet, give it a shot

Yeah. There are free programs that allow you to restore deleted data from your computer, flash drives, and memory cards. Just make sure you do not take any more pictures and you'll be fine. Just search for them on google or something and you'll find one.

Yup - should only take about 10 mins to recover. There should be a "I thought'FML' for 10 seconds button, then I remembered the intarweb". It'd be a FML it your camera got hit by a train and the only pic of your now deceased grandma was on the card, I think. Still, musta sucked for a few mins!

It is possible to retreive the pics as long as you havnt taken any more on the card after deleting, take it to a photo lab or professional photographer

Dear PictureLess! Don't make new fotos on this card -- the photos deleted from memory card can be recovered by specialists. So far new pictures don't occupy space on the card, the pictures are recoverable. (Btw, manual to my camera says that if you really want to delete pictures forever, you need not only delete them, but overwrite the card with new pictures). I am a journalist, and once I was made to delete photos from my camera -- but then I found a local computer service, where they recovered my photos. The pictures were published in the local newspaper later. I think that if such specialists and equipment are available in Russia, it is also quite available in New Jersey.

You don't even need a specialist to do that. Just connect your camera or memory card to a computer and use free software Recuva to recover deleted photos. http://www.piriform.com/recuva

take it back to where you got the camera and ask how to get them back..there is a way.

gecko13 0

I recovered my daughters photos for her once....

That sucks. When I went to New York this summer, my laptop got stolen on the last day of my trip and I lost all the pictures I'd been transferring over from my camera. I was mad. Hope you get your photos back