By Anonymous - 04/07/2012 16:41 - United States - Aurora

Today, I got a raise at work. It will bring my hourly wage to about a cent more per hour. Our CEO just reported record-breaking profits for the year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 323
You deserved it 2 000

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CVeNgineer 0

Hey, that's still one more cent you didn't have before

Comments

Corilee13 7

Quit bitching. You have a job at a secure company. And that penny is probably take home after taxes. The raise was likely more...

So having a job means you cannot complain about the bad points of your job like, oh I don't know, having a raise of one penny? Well then, now I can harass anyone I want at work and get no cumeuppance because people with your mentality exist. And if you want people to quit bitching, I suggest you quit FML.

Yeah before taxes I'm sure it was something like, oh I dunno, 1.25cents. I doubt US taxes are so high that a 5 dollar raise gets taxed by 499%...

If you work full time, that's 40¢ a week, $1.60 a month, $19.20 a year. That could buy you a basketball.

Or 19 things at the $1 store. The possibilities are endless!

Redox127 7

Hate to break it to you, but 19.50 would only buy a very shitty basketball. Dollar store it is!

TheCutestLizard 28

Your math is a bit off. There are 52 weeks in a year, not 48. Just saying...

Maybe it only broke the previous record by one cent per hour?

trickle down economy:) Gotta love that mentality!

Ya and it helped pay for his new car and upgraded house.

You're lucky you have a job, but it's not right to be getting a cent more when there is such huge profit.. Complaining will probably get you fired, but there are obviously people taking the money.. Hmm

Nice! It'll only take you a hundred hours to make an extra dollar!