By Anonymous - 29/03/2013 05:37 - United States - Mariposa

Today, I found out that the money that my wife claims went into repairing her car engine actually is going towards helping her pay for a divorce. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 719
You deserved it 3 449

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess you could say she needs to kickstart her heart.

gonna be awful hard to drive away from you with her still broken car

Comments

rg350dx 29

Well, on the bright side at least the funds weren't going to a male prostitute. But it sucks you pretty much unknowingly paid for your own divorce

rg350dx 29

By the bright side bit I meant at least she didn't cheat, although found a very underhanded way to pay for the divorce she wanted. Granted she should have just discussed this with her husband before siphoning money from him.

She could have cheated.. She could have wanted to divorce him for someone else.

Some people, like me, have no money. I'm married to a business owner, who has his own bank account. I'm a stay at home mom, his choice- not mine. I have everything I need for me and our 2 daughters, but if I were to want a divorce, it would be pretty hard. That and the prenump. Either way, I have no money. I have access to his checking account to pay bills, emergencies, etc, but I need to account for what I spend. This women may have been in a similar situation. Don't judge.

rg350dx 29

She also could be a Martian who can seduce men with her moms powers but we don't know that for sure. Not every reason for divorce is wanting to or having an affair with someone else. I'm just going off of what is stated in the FML which didn't disclose the fact if she cheated or not. Just trying to find the silver lining.

rg350dx 29

Mind. Not moms..stupid phone.

At least you can say you've paid for two divorces... That's something right? Sorry OP.

Wow...that's so terrible, I'm deeply sorry OP. My suggestion would be to sit down and go through a list of things that she finds troublesome in your relationship and see if you can address any of them...if she's not willing to talk or the issues can't be solved then I guess it's just time to move on bud :/

tenfiftynine 12

Move on? This isn't a week long relationship. I find it difficult to just move on from a marriage quickly. It takes time.

TheDrifter 23

Nope, it takes an afternoon in court. Op's wife decided to move with divorce proceedings without even making an attempt to let him know she was unhappy. All that's left of their relationship is his frantic attempt, with his attorney's help, to save some small portion of his assets and future income from his soon to be ex wife and her attorney.

jem970 19

Wow thats terrible. She should have been stright up with you from the beginning about that. You should always discuss this with your significant other. It is a big life changing step, well unless its an abusive relationship: exceptions always exist. But OP I am very sorry. Try and suggest therapy before it is finalized?

Sorry OP, that sounds exhausting. It's a shame she had to start that up. I'm sure you tried to put the brakes to that. Looks like you're going to get pist-on. Don't get all cranked. Your marriage didn't have enough gas to go the distance, sorry. She might try and block your efforts to re-start things by throwing a wrench into your plans. Try and find something to lift your spirits. Anybody...? No...? Okay...

You wheely tried hard with that one. You just for got to remind him to grin and bearing it.

Sometimes it's not what went wrong, you just realise that you don't and didn't love them. I do not know OP's situation, but if it is something that she is not willing to talk to him about, then it probably is not a fixable situation.

olpally 32

For those of you saying sue the wife, you're dumber than a box of rocks. You can't sue some one who wants to divorce you, you morons. It's a legal thing and it happens all the time. She lied about it. He can't sue her for anything other than try to get back together or settle the divorce in court like adults. Sue? Gtfo with that shit.

TheDrifter 23

If she spent his money under false pretenses, he has a theft through fraud argument. Unlikely to land her jail time, but a great boon to his side of divorce arguments.

nishantvas 13

Well if you can prove it, then that's the only money that you'll have to pay her after divorce !!