By cumbucket cops - 16/03/2014 17:53 - United States - Barberton

Today, I found out that my unemployed husband has his own web-comic, that he makes money off it, and that it mainly involves the main character's airhead, money-grubbing wife ruining his life. She looks strikingly like me and shares my name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 551
You deserved it 7 076

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What's the name of the comic? That sucks, though. If he's unemployed, I assume you two have just been living off your income. So, if he is making some on the side, that is not fair to you that you have to cover all expenses when he might be capable of contributing, too.

Comments

Not that this is necessarily where you want to go with this situation but I do believe legally if he is using you as the inspiration he owes you a cut.

You are his inspiration, you should be pleased.

Sounds like he found a source of inspiration. Loosely based on you.

Just because he made the char lol like you, doesn't mean that's how he thinks of you. I have plenty of friends who do web comics. One uses many people in his life for characters. They hardly ever have the same personality. Talk to him about it. IMO, the real problem is if it's making money and he hid that fact from you instead of contributing it to the household.

I agree with you. People use the base characteristics of others all the time in stories. That doesn't mean they think you are that way. His web series is most likely fiction... So he went a little crazy and changed her personality or something. No need to assume the worst(:

Gosh, what a nice way to discover that your husband doesn't respect you. :(

Well, if you are indeed a money grubbing airhead, then YDI. Otherwise fyl, OP. Sounds like you should sit him down and talk things over. Oh, and the name of the comic is...?

sammyjanette 17

He had no money to grub (at least that she knew of), so it sounds like she's not.

Stop sharing the money you earned and see how long he lasts.