By sonofanut - 22/02/2012 03:14 - United States

Today, I found out my mom has been stealing from me to pay for Scientology courses. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 173
You deserved it 2 411

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The_Troller 14

Calling it a religion is a bit of a stretch.

Comments

mspoutylips 8

The things you do for the people you love.

OsirisFaction_fml 5

commit her? Before she becomes Tom Cruise.

You know, the fact people steal for religious purposes in my mind completely defeats the purpose of a religion in the first place. FYL

Let alone pay to be apart of a religion...

c_tuck 0

U shouldn't have to pay... It's suppose to be a belief right?? Apparently now u have to "pay to believe" and yeah it is a complete oxymoron.

Ok, this was supposed to be in reply to 3 - Scientology is an A-list religion /cult where people are expected to attend very expensive courses and donate generously to the church, and I mean very generously. If you don't, you can't be a part of it. So whilst it's small it's incredibly wealthy and elite. In being that, it comes with highly desirable perks. You just have to be a little crazy.

Sorry, meant to be in reply to 2's comment

Caliborn_06 11

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. They won't turn you away because you don't donate. You don't think that Christian or catholic celebrities donate? Your stupid.

51, in fact is you who is stupid. Firstly for the wrong use of your/you're, which you should get right before calling people out. Secondly for missing quite a well known point that generous donations and payments for expensive courses are part of Scientology. There are enough whistle blowers to give the claim some validity, feel free to actually know about something before you comment next time.

I also missed the fact you somehow managed to compare another religion that has not turned people away for not donating, or paying for expensive courses, or tried to ruin them for leaving. I know the Vatican has been far from perfect, but in this case you have missed the mark by quite a margin.

ThecomingofTan 9

Tell your mom to stop eating bird seed out of L. Ron Hubbard's asshole.

And the best would be if she would learn in this course "you shall not steal" ;-)

Your mom is financially ******. She probably ha to sign a thick contract that says if she ever leaves the church she owes them the difference between the discounted price she has been paying and the full price, which is enough to bankrupt her. That's how they make their money. Scientology is a vicious cult that rapes your bank account. Not to mention that it's also stupid.

You could start with, "Hey, stop stealing money from me for a ridiculous religious cult." Or something like that.

The church of scientology *requires* you to pay thousands of dollars in order to gain higher membership. Reminds me of unitologists in Dead Space. :P they are a bunch of scam artists if they MAKE you *donate*.