By payne - 04/01/2010 21:07 - United States

Today, I found my daughter's brand new ipod touch. At the bottom of the washing machine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 714
You deserved it 6 218

Same thing different taste

Top comments

graciedacie 0

Why do they deserve it? Whaaaaat? (Speaking to those who hit YDI, of course.) Dang kids! ;)

she deserves it for not checking her pockets. and only fyl if you were the one who bought it for her which i'm assuming.

Comments

put it in a bowl of uncooked rice. that fixes ipods that have water damage. ironically, im on the fml itouch app right now. 

YDI for being the worthless brat an $$$ gift. It's a kid, shop at the dollar store, or something. though a condom the night of her conception would have prevented all of this. I am just saying.

How is she a 'worthless brat'? Surely, at one point in your life, you've ****** up somewhere too? I threw the computer mouse through my mother's brand new flat screened moniter out of sheer temper - yet I'm not a 'worthless brat'. I help look after my little brothers, I look after my grandmother, I usually try and save up for my own things etc. You don't know her daughter, neither do I, but you can't make an assumption that she does nothing, therefore deserves nothing.

boatkicker 4

Firesprite- I can't even imagine getting that mad. What happened? (don't mind me. I'm just nosy. lol) Mercedeslove- Condom could have prevented it? I mean, yeah logically, but who said OP didn't want a kid. Their kid screwed up, but that doesn't mean that OP doesn't love their kid. You can be angry at someone and still love them/want them in your life.

Lawl, it was actually over something very stupid, and it was a few years ago. Can't remember exactly, but I think it was something like it was going epically slow, and I only had a certain amount of time to do something. Needless to say, I was put on anger management lessons after that. &&, nosiness makes the world go round. :D

YDI for being the worthless brat an $$$ gift. It's a kid, shop at the dollar store, or something. though a condom the night of her conception would have prevented all of this. I am just saying.

sparxva 12

Learn to check the pockets before putting clothes in the washer, duh!

jessi_ld 2

god similar to this my mom took my dirty pants one time and eashed them with my phone of only 2 weeks in them needless to say I tried calling my phone and a lil blue light was going around and around inside the washing machine. But Ipod touches cost more than my phone did so FYL.

jessi_ld 2

whoops! meant to put washed! stupid iPod and it's small touch screen buttons

newsgit 0

well...does it still work? My iPod (it is an iPod, not an iTouch) has been through the wash and so has my cousin's. Both work fine. Is the iTouch okay?

newsgit 0

also, for the people saying her daughter is "ungrateful" and such, consider this: My sister god an iTouch for Christmas. I know it will probably be broken beyond repair before her birthday in June. Is she ungrateful? No, she is forgetful. But on Christmas when she opened up the box she screamed and spent the next 5 minutes thanking and hugging everybody in the room (mostly the dog, but still). My sister has ADD, maybe this kid does, too. Everyone makes mistakes, and some people make even more mistakes. Do not assume, it's the reason there are so many ass holes on FML saying YDI. in conclusion, don't be a ******* idiot.

I once did the same thing. Just call Ipod and tell them you dont know what happened but it's not working. They'll send you packaging material to send it to them and then they will fix it or replace it for free. They are amazing like that--and no questions asked. Good luck!