By fmlforreal - 15/10/2010 08:33 - Singapore

Today, I found my brother tampering with my laptop. He had changed the entire settings, in ways I don't even know how to fix. I finally had to get my mom to threaten him to change it back to its original setting. I'm 15. He's six and can barely get dressed by himself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 167
You deserved it 9 612

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well care to explain why your younger bro owns you?

Hopersz 0

Thats one smart kid then. Looks like we kno whos gonna major in computer tech in the near future lol

Comments

No, it doesn't. We've been through this. It means origami penis.

He was probably just randomly changing things on your laptop.

Excuse me? I know many people who are supremely proficient with computers. Oh, and most of them are female.

A) It's "you're" B) You're probably an asshole. C) There is no C D) See B

FFML_314 11

E) I would mind **** your world up with my computer skills. F) The good thing about being a woman is being able to shove these 6 inch heels up your ass for being a sexist jerk. :D

RedPillSucks 31

6'' heels!!! How do you not fall over. I'm intrigued enough to want to see this (not the ass shoving part, just the wearing part).

Srry for the horrible spelling . . . but lets wait for her response and actually see if "he/she" is a woman or not. And while i know plenty of woman that can proficiently use a computer but i know ZERO woman that could take apart and reassemble a computer and install, troubleshoot and actually maintain(not just use . . . they are totally different) a computer.

Sinkhole 26

110 - Not even one? Maybe you don't know a lot of women then... I've assembled and installed computers many many times, and yes, I'm a girl. Just like I know a lot of women who can't do those things, I also know a lot of men who can't even install a simple software, so don't generalize just because you haven't met any woman who can do those things.

A.) Saw that shot about "you must not know a lot of women" coming while i wrote that reply so lets grow up here B.) Stereotypes are there for a reason. The whole world did just wake up someday and decide to think something about someone, there's a little truth to every stereotype. C.) I you are offended by my sheer honesty; just piss off. The world doesn't need you when you cant defend your point. Nough Said Oh and D.) I am an asshole and elitist. But you dont get to the top by being someone you aren't. I call things like i see them and like i said if that offends you, thats cool with me. I have every right to say what i want to say and you have every right to be offended. And sence arguing has no end because we both believe that are arguments are valid and the only end result is us pissing each other off, I'm getting off now.

114 - I personally know one girl who I can think of off the top of my head who is proficient with computers and programming as well as assembling/taking them apart. She's gone to school to enhance what she's already taught herself and is working on getting a ridiculously high paying job. There's no way you can say they aren't out there. To your other comment: A) Why say it if you can see how easily we can knock it down? B) Are all gay men flamboyant? Can all women cook? Are all men macho assholes who make women do everything? Are all lesbians butch? Are all children little hell raisers with ADHD? Are all fat people fat because of their diet? The answer to all of these is a resounding NO. Stereotypes are NOT there for a reason. Stereotypes exist because a group of people weren't open minded enough to realize that even though some people share similar qualities, that doesn't mean that they're alike in any other way, at all. Two guys are gay. Doesn't mean they're both flamboyant and over-the-top about everything. I personally know at least two gay men who, if you didn't know any better, appeared straight. No, they were not a couple. They're regular men, just like you (assuming you're a male...). The only difference is that they prefer a different gender. Don't be so biased. Not everyone's the same. Are all Afghanis terrorists? NO. C) You haven't really given honesty. You've given a closed minded opinion. D) You aren't at the top if you're sitting here practically insulting people, whether you mean to or not. You would at least be a little more considerate and careful with what you say if you were even remotely close to the "top". Also, it would be helpful and would improve your image if you could spell properly and have proper grammar. You've already realized that you've made mistakes. Now go take the initiative to correct them, before someone else does. I know plenty who are willing, if you need the assistance. E) I am making this a separate letter because of your ridiculous, inconsiderate, asshole comment. You do not have ANY right to group ANYONE together, whether they're 95% similar or not. Everyone is different, and your ASSUMPTIONS (they aren't facts, dude) are offensive and have no grounds. If you would like to read the rules of FML, I'm sure there's a clause in there about offensive comments. We do have every right to be offended, but that doesn't make it right for you to say. Go ahead and get off, but that still doesn't make your argument valid. To everyone else reading this: Sorry for the wall of text.

Sinkhole 26

114, you definitely need to calm down, I don't think anyone here got offended by a comment made by a self-proclaimed asshole, at least I know I didn't. You sure have every right to say whatever you want but, just like that, we have every right to refute what you're saying. It's not like you weren't expecting these type of responses, 'cause if you were, then you're just naïve. 117 already discredited everything you said, so I won't go any further. 117, that was very nicely put, props to you!

Yup, I totally agree with that. I also agree with "I dont have to go future" as well because i am not ready to read more essay thank you. :P hehehe

shouldn't you ladies be in the kitchen?

I have a Blackberry. I am in the kitchen.

well that's good. I was almost worried

RESTORE, sends it back to settings at a certain checkpoint. And start learning about your computer!

System restore will also delete the files created since the restore point, thus making OP lose whatever important work (I assume that's part of the problem) was on that computer.

You can run a system restore and keep important documents/files.

Hmm. I meant more along the lines of if OP had written a school assignment in Microsoft Word, and it was saved on the computer after they had created a restore point, wouldn't that mean they would no longer have the MS word document on their computer? Because it was saved after the restore point I would think that any documents created before the restore point would be the only things able to be retrieved. I could be wrong, but that's just my assumption.

Sinkhole 26

The system restore doesn't affect your personal data files at all, it just removes system changes that were made after installing new applications, games or software update. That is why the restore points are created after any significant system events, such events could make the computer unstable, so the system restore returns the computer to a previous stable state.

YDI for not knowing how to work the "settings" on your computer. You should give your computer to the kid and take his toys, it would be more appropriate. I bet you have a million toolbars running on IE and your network activity light never stops flashing because your computer is P//||3D by more than just your little brother.

he is so going to be a pro nerd and hacker. Lol hes gonna be a rich man one day.

Steff, now you're just talking crazy. It clearly stands for Obstinate Procrastinator.

wow your stupid I can fix a computer with my eyes closed

To be fair, six-year-olds really know how to **** things up. FYL indeed.