By Anonymous - 03/07/2013 17:35 - United States - Winter Springs

Today, I finally realized that when my seemingly very judgmental fiancé makes negative comments about other women, it's actually just an excuse to keep ogling them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 639
You deserved it 5 977

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Just look at how that dress clings to her body and cleavage, what a ****!"

rg350dx 29

Oldest trick in the book, love.

Comments

I'm bi and I don't ogle people, whether I'm in a relationship or not.

davek 36

Firstly: Everyone looks. Secondly: Could this be used to your advantage?

Am I the only one that read this assuming it was a female ogling other females? Why assume it was a male? Women do this crap too.

Sinkhole 26

Because 'fiancé' is for males, and 'fiancée' is for females.

Ugh! Look at that girls **** there so big and firm and luscious I bet men just want to motor boat her all the time, what a ****! V_V

My husband used to do that (for the first six months we were together), except at first he would never judge them out loud... He would just stare at chicks everywhere we would go, whilst I was standing next to him and we were holding hands. Then once I started verbalizing my feelings and letting him know, it hurt and that I feel invisible, he came up with the bullshit story, " I'm just a very critical person and did you see what she was wearing...". I let him know straight up, that a quick glance was okay but staring for any reason is not... He learned quite fast... He now glances for about 3 seconds (here and there) and then I stare at him and he looks away faster than the speed of light and smiles and we laugh about it because I have loosened up quite a bit after 4 years...

avapaige1234 19

Unless he's gay, that should be his sole purpose.

friedbunnies 9

That's ******* brilliant. Ps: use it as foreplay. Seriously, monogamy does not mean castration. He's got urges. Let him look and then you step in and take advantage of his arousal.

Or he could just, you know, get aroused by you.

I'm a straight female and my boyfriend gets mad cause I check out other girls and point out the big butts/boobs! If you think a male isn't going to take a peak at some point, you my friend are in lalaland.

However harsh that may be you have to admire his pure genius.

I posted this but it was resubmitted anonymously and the word "looking" was changed to "ogling." :P Just to clear a few things up, the FML is a tad exaggerated. He doesn't sit there and trash talk other women. He just seems to notice very specific things about people's appearances and makes comments very frequently. Usually they're just plain old comments, not leaning towards negative or positive, but almost always about a specific feature that stands out to him about the person. Sometimes he becomes fixated on someone who is undeniably pretty but he can't stop talking about how they "have a large forehead" or something stupid like that, and won't admit that she's attractive, but still keeps looking and talking about her. Obviously something's got his attention and I doubt it's her forehead. I thought he just noticed things like that about everyone, but recently I realized that his comments are only ever about women. It's really not that big of a deal and I realize that everyone looks and I trust him, but it does get a bit annoying. Especially since he can never think of anything specific to say about me, the one he sees every day.