By thirddegreeburned - 19/03/2013 17:39 - United States - Monroe

Today, I finally made the connection between people in my apartment building flushing their toilets, and my running shower water becoming scalding hot. This wouldn't be quite as bad if there weren't six floors to the building, with twenty units on each. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 267
You deserved it 2 616

Same thing different taste

Top comments

stevenJB 25

Well, look at this way: you'll never have to take a cold shower again! :D

Bring your dishes in with you and you can wash them when it gets too hot while you wait for it to cool down again.

Comments

Wait till your freezing cold to shower

If you have a tube, you can fill it with warm water and take a bath.

A tube of what? A toothpaste tube would be a kinda tight fit. More seriously, most small apartments don't have bathtubs. Especially when the landlord wont even fork out the money to put separate plumbing in for the showers.

OP, why don't you just turn up the cold water when it starts to get overly hot?

Ive actually been through this myself, when the water becomes scolding hot, turning the cold water up doesnt really change anything.

PonyTails13 3

just take a shower at night. like right before you go to sleep.

Just get an electric shower installed, simples

You know complaining will not get you anywhere. Switching to baths instead of showers is the only way to avoid the scald. Or you could move....

onorexveritas 23

they probably have the same problem

Never had those issues anywhere in Europe. You can use the shower no matter what. The ONLY time the shower temperature could drop a bit is when someone in the same house uses hot water. But never the issue of 'burning' someone just because you flush the toilet or shit :-|.

apartment or hotel? because apartments should all have their own hot water heater...meaning you wouldn't have this problem. If they were all connected, there's be no way to measure/bill for it.