By Angelica - 26/05/2011 03:19 - Canada

Today, I finally got the wedding dress I've been waiting months to see. It turns out that my mom ordered the dress 2 sizes smaller than my size, this way it will be "an incentive to lose weight". FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 561
You deserved it 6 158

Same thing different taste

Top comments

IMveryHUNGRY 3

As long as you don't hold your 4 year old, I heard they've been unclipping dresses at weddings lately...

Well it is an incentive now isn't it?!

Comments

brandybaby1204 0

That is harsh of your mother, especially when it seems like the wedding is not too far off when you have been waiting months for just the dress to arrive. It would have been great if she told you ahead of time, and it seems like she didn't. I hope you will have enough time to lose the weight, although losing enough to fit into something 2 sizes smaller than your actual size is not easy to achieve overnight.

i feel your pain, my wedding is in two weeks so i know how stressful it already is and your mom is just being a b****. just for other posters info - wedding dress sizes are completely different than regular dress sizes. for example the sample size of a wedding dress is usually a size 8; in normal dress sizes that equals about a size 4. so if you are naturally an 8 you'd probably be a wedding dress size 12, if you were an 18 you'd be a 24, etc. also, generally you cannot return a wedding dress - if it's impossible to lose the weight she will probably have to sell the dress for less than she paid for it and then rush to find a new one. Good luck OP!

They only have 8s in the store? How are you supposed to know if you will look nice in something if it could swamp you or not fasten?

TheDrifter 23

Wedding dresses use European sizing. Learned that from my wife. It's odd that wherever you went only had one size of sample though, I was forced to sit through the bridesmaid dress style selection and they had all sorts of wedding gown sizes in that store.

ReynshineCutting 10

If it's too big or too small they use clips so that it looks like it fits. Then they measure how much needs to be added/removed and order a dress from there. Then you have several dress fittings and alterations once the dress comes in.

Actually, the average woman's size is 14 in America... O.O But your mom is mean. :/

Your mother is insensitive and mean. Should have brought your own wedding dress :-/ FYL OP

What if she's a size 4 and her mum is a crazy bitch?

all u ppl telling her she's fat are just rude. how do u know she is? her mom cld be one of those moms that thinks everyone shld be a size 2. poor thing, sorry OP!