By preggersmcgee - 22/10/2012 16:09 - United States - Nixa

Today, I finally found a cute dress that hugged my curves and hid my imperfections. I wore it to my friend's house, and was feeling pretty good about myself, until some pregnant woman walked into the room wearing the exact same thing. It was a maternity dress. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 628
You deserved it 7 275

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It still fit and it was cute. Everyone is built differently. Don't try to force yourself to look a certain way.

Are you sure its a maternity dress? because some pregnant ladies don't need maternity clothes. I still wear my maternity clothes even though i have lost all my baby weight. You can't tell at all, so if you like the dress and it fits you nice wear it anyway.

Comments

Try a nice long...diet. That will defintely help the situstion as a whole.

unknown_user5566 26

Some maternity clothes are super cute, so I can't blame you for confusing them with 'normal' clothes. I personally can't wait to get pregnant so I can wear the maternity jeans with the stretchy material on top; they seem so comfortable! :)

Maternity clothes are not comfy! Pregnancy is the most uncomfortable you'll ever be! Trust me! Stick with your skinny jeans and crop tops!

How are skinny jeans more comfortable than maternity jeans? I've been through two pregnancies and the pants that have the big stretchy bands are the best ever. They aren't tight and make it easier to move around even though pregnancy isn't a particularly comfortable time.

unknown_user5566 26

34- That's what I was thinking. I know pregnancy won't be comfortable, but at least the clothes will be. :) To be honest I've considered buying the stretchy pants now, even though I'm not chubby. I figure they're more comfortable than regular jeans no matter what!

They are! No risk of muffin top, no zipper and they're perfect for those "sweat pant days" lol. You can look good and be comfy. Only downside is they can be expensive. Like one pair from Motherhood Maternity can be $50. :/

My work pants are maternity pants... I decided not to spend a shitload of money on khakis and all that and instead went to Goodwill. Grabbed a random pair that looked to be about my size, tries them on, and fell in love. It's like wearing pajama pants to work. It's AWESOME. Oh and it depends on what kind of skinny jeans you get. I have a pair that are super comfy because they're really stretchy and then another pair is super stiff. All depends on why you buy.

olpally 32

Love the username op... Lol... Ehh not that big of a deal.. You'll laugh it off later here on fml after all the comments are done... Everyone's perfect in their own way... Don't sweat it. :)

everyone is shaped differently. if you felt you looked good in your dress, that's all that matters.

Size doesn't matter, I'm sure you're still beautiful anyways <3

Isa_fml 20

Eh, who cares, as long as it looks good and you like it? :D

It really doesn't matter. A lot of "maternity" clothes you don't have to be pregnant to wear. I accidentally bought a maternity dress when I was in 7th grade, and it looked really good on me!

obviousboy 8

Sounds like someone needs to lose some weight.