By shelbs61 - 30/08/2010 19:55 - United States

Today, I finally decided to do regular biology rather than honors biology, thinking honors would be too hard. My first day in regular biology, my lab partner asked me whether a rock was alive or not. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 443
You deserved it 12 284

shelbs61 tells us more.

K, so this is Shelby, the person who wrote the FML. To whoever it may concern: When this guy asked me whether the rock was alive, I thought he was being sarcastic so I replied, "YES!! Haha." Then he wrote something down in his notebook and I asked if he was kidding. He looked up and said, "Just tell me the answer, I wanna finish my homework." Then he asked me if pasta was alive.

Comments

sallen0046 4

It's biology, not rocket science. Don't complain about ignorant students in the base level class when you made the decision to take it. Get off your butt and switch to the honors level class or stop complaining about it.

oh yeah, been there. after doing a cheek scrape, putting on a slide, dying it and placing it under the microscope my lab partner still had to ask me, 'what is that?' .... it skin cells honey, you know, the ones that we just took from the inside of my mouth?

Meh, that's just one person out of the whole bunch. Not everyone in your class will necessarily have an IQ lower than a rock. At least you'll most likely get a rockin' grade!

#88 Haha...I say corny things more often than I should. :P

Would you believe that I made the "rockin'" pun without realize I was doing it? I only realized it was a pun after I'd posted the comment...Whoa.

A rock is inanimate and...it isn't alive. :|

When you really think about it, it is a logical question...

There are stupid people everywhere. I work at a place were we sell stuff by half a dozen, 12, or 20. and ppl always ask "how many are there in the half a dozen?" I swear sometimes I feel like slapping them 6 times to see if they learn. stupid people.

I feel you. Everyone in my biology class thought Christmas trees were pine trees. They had to look it up. We're in college

Ummm....I'm confused... Did they think that pine trees were called Christmas trees? 'Cause Christmas trees commonly are pine trees or another coniferous tree such as a fir.