By Anonymous - 09/09/2015 18:54 - United States - Decatur

Today, I drove across two states to see my brother, who's had a history of heart problems. My mother had sent me a long e-mail saying he was on his death bed and wanted to talk to me to "get his affairs in order." When I arrived worriedly, he was fine. My mother guilt-tripped me to come visit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 716
You deserved it 3 670

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I assume not if her mother had to tell that big of a lie just to get her to visit...either that or she's just crazy:/ how sad.

Comments

Well, it's kinda YDI, but still your mom shouldn't lie about something like that.

How long has it been since your last visit? If it's been a couple years then I don't blame her.

It doesn't matter how many years it's been since she visited, what she said was incredibly cruel.

I know what she did was wrong and she shouldn't lie... but hope you're not mad at her, she loves you... I know life can make you busy but never lose sight of your family because family sticks together.

that's ninja level guilt skill right there. don't ever piss your mother off

That's just awful. No wonder you don't visit.

Shame on your mother. But at least you got to see your brother. And buy your mom the book the boy who cried wolf on the way home

This could go either way. It could be FML for you having to waste all that gas and time, especially if you've a busy schedule, to visit your 'terminal' brother, but it could also be YDI if you never visit your family, much less your brother. Given the lack of details, I'll go with FML. But at least you had some sibling bonding time!

Honestly you should have just called your brother. Also, we have no knowledge of the relationship between these siblings. So saying "you'll miss them when they're gone" might not mean a whole lot.

Next time it will be true and the cry wolf will keep you at bay...

Either your mom is crazy or just desperate...