By A07 - 09/09/2015 18:48 - Pakistan - Karachi

Today, I finally finished restoring a car after working on it for 6 months, so I took it out for a drive. On the way back, I stopped at a red light, but the drunk driver behind me didn't. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 750
You deserved it 1 424

A07 tells us more.

A07 48

Hey guys, I'm the OP. It was 67 mustang fastback and I was driving it home from the workshop late at night. And to all those wondering, no the car didn't survive because the asshole was driving a truck, it's sitting in a garage but I don't even know if I'm going to go look at it for a while now.

Top comments

I do hope you are okay and that he got arrested for drunk driving. Remember this could have ended way worse, he could have ended up killing someone. Good luck with re-restoring your car or getting a new one!

That's ******* disgusting OP, I hope the ******** gets everything he deserves. I'm so sorry about your car, hopefully you'll sue the dick for enough to buy another '67.

Comments

Highly unlikely if the frame was damaged (as often happens when drunk drivers get behind the wheel)

I thought people in Pakistan don't drink, at least publicly.

mimirawr14 17

Hope ur ok but damn that sucks!

So the drunk driver isn't the only one who's smashed

elp9576 10

I would have told him to run because he would be in a world of pain

I hope you're okay OP! And I hope you can sort everything out. People seriously need to stop drinking and driving. They can hurt an innocent person or themselves.

Nonexistentguy 7

People who drink and drive deserve to get hurt

I do hope you are okay and that he got arrested for drunk driving. Remember this could have ended way worse, he could have ended up killing someone. Good luck with re-restoring your car or getting a new one!

I don't get why you are so upset about this.. Insurance makes all your problems disappear.. If you don't have insurance, then I would understand your frustration.

It is less about the cost and more about the loss of something you basically hand crafted. Time, love, and energy was probably spent over these 6 months. source: my uncle rebuilds vintage sport cars and engines

Well I mean he could've lost his life. Last time I checked that's not replaceable.

As a classic car enthusiast I get exactly what has OP so upset. 6 months of hard work and effort down the drain very fast plus it's not exactly cheap to do a restoration. When your done you expect to be able to take some pride in your vehicle and be able to say I did this. I've got a few projects myself that are going to take years. Insurance won't even pay the whole thing unless you can provide a receipt for everything and prove what you have in it most of the time

I can definitely understand where OP is coming from. I would be pissed if my Mustang got destroyed in an accident. It has a lot of sentimental value, and I'm guessing the OP feels the same about his car. 6 months of hard work on a car would make it more than just a mode of transport IMO.

RedPillSucks 31

plus, don't you need special insurance for vintage restored cars. insurance won't really replace the work done

if he even had it insured yet. he just finished it. just happened

You should definitely look into getting classic car insurance though. The value of the car can be negotiated, depending on it's status ( fully restored, just alright condition, well-maintained original, etc ), the money you put into it, etc. That would absolutely be worth the money. I look forward to the day I can afford to get one of my own. There are some truly beautiful works of art out there on 4 wheels.

Murilirum 23

He just wanted to get a closer look y'know. At least it's not your fault and I'm sure you'll get compensation but 6 months gone can't be reimbursed unfortunately and for that, I agree, your life sucks.