By longtrip - 18/01/2010 00:30 - United Kingdom

Today, I drove 4 hours to see my girlfriend of a year, as she had asked me to stay with her for a few days. When I arrived she told me she wanted to be friends as she liked someone else, but wanted me to stay the few days so we could work on being friends. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 119
You deserved it 2 412

Same thing different taste

Top comments

theman34 0

**** no that bitch did not say that

Say no. How nicely you say it and how you go about doing it are up to you, but if you have an ounce of dignity, you won't stay. She doesn't deserve you - not even as a friend.

Comments

So? At least she still wants to be friends, and was nice about it.

Asking for friendship after breaking ones heart is like your puppy has just died and bitch won't let you bury it :) However, I would go with #12 idea, lol^^

How exactly is asking a guy to drive 4 hours to get dumped being "nice about it"?

breyahna12397 0

Sounds like yhu had a ***** on yhur hands. I would have drove back home.

I would have 'friendly' sex with her, then steal her purse to pay for the 8 hours of driving you're going to be doing.

Say no. How nicely you say it and how you go about doing it are up to you, but if you have an ounce of dignity, you won't stay. She doesn't deserve you - not even as a friend.

What I meant was, at least she asked to be friends, instead of being a total bitch and just ditching him. It was harsh of her to break up with him in the first place, but there are worse ways he could of gone through.

Breaking up isn't inherently harsh, sometimes it's just gotta be done. But if she wanted to be even the slightest bit courteous about it she would have called instead of making him waste time and money (not to mention getting his hopes up and then crushing them once he got there).

Maddoctor 10

I think simply calling him instead of him driving 8 hours (4 to go up, 4 to come back) to get dumped would have been nicer. Then he could have wasted 4 hours of his own accord to drive up there and try to get her back.

You people who say, "Oh well at least she wanted to be friends" don't know shit about women. They say that so that when they dump their boyfriends for absolutely no reason, they don't look as bad.

Even though the OP posted his girlfriend's excuse was liking somebody else, she really asked to be 'just friends' so she wouldn't look bad for dumping him for no reason. This is true because you know sh*t about woman, like how they always mean the same exact thing no matter which one says it simply because they are a woman.. (sarcasm)

natant1979 0

dude, i dont hit woman, but i would have 2 pieced her ass lol for doing that

The part that puzzles me is "staying a few days so they could work on being friends". Does she want to practice being friends with benefits, or what? If so, it's not entirely bad, you know...

Actually i think she just want a plan B if things with the guy she "likes more" don't work out. I've seen this happening..so be carefull OP ...and FYL

The backburner friend... hopefully the OP can figure out what she's really after..