By Anonymous - 23/01/2016 01:43 - Canada - Moncton

Today, I discovered that the pain I've had for the past couple of weeks was actually due to a broken collar bone. Now work won't pay for the treatment I need because I continued to work despite the pain. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 589
You deserved it 2 284

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't Canadians usually go on about their free healthcare?

superman21_fml 19

Did it happen at work? If so they should cover it regardless of whether or not you continued to work.

Comments

If the injury occurred on the job, you have to report it immediately for it to be covered under Workers Comp. Even if you are not receiving medical treatment at that time. By waiting too long you've absolved your employer of responsibility. Sorry, OP. Hope you heal soon!

Look on the bright side: that story makes you a complete badass!

legendof90 14

Your fault for not going to the doctor or reporting it

Wouldn't your health insurance still cover treatment despite this?

It's actually common that people don't recognize a broken collarbone right away. I've seen people that were certain they just needed to pop a joint back into place only to find out it's a broken collarbone. The healing process is rough, best wishes.

moshpit11 8

Even if it did happen at work there is a window of time that if you don't report it and seek medical treatment their no longer liable

Damn bro that's dedication. I broke my collarbone at hockey and couldn't even lift my arm to take my shirt off, whether or not they cover you, just know you've got some big balls lol.

I hope you heal Okay, since you went so long without treatment. I am confused, though, as to why your work should pay. Please give an update with more information about what happened.

corky1992 33

A couple of weeks is a bit late to try and have your work cover it if it even happened at work. Jobs require that stuff to be reported immediately. You deserved it for not doing something about it sooner.

Find someone on the street to fix it up for cheap