By kaylajere - 26/05/2010 08:17 - United States

Today, I decided to lay out and tan. I fell asleep and got sun burned and bitten numerous times by mosquitoes. If I scratch my itch, the burn hurts terribly. If I don't scratch it, it itches terribly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 166
You deserved it 36 788

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Try ice-cubes on the bite. They'll relieve the itch and help take away the burning sensation. Just wrap the ice-cube in something like papertowels first though.

don't scratch...the itch will go away eventually lol

Comments

use rubbing alcohol. it'll help relieve the itch and help with the burn. or benadryl/hydrocortisone lotion.

littlemissdqgirl 8

Yeah I go on there once and awhile

The itching is caused by an enzyme the mosquito injects to keep the blood from clotting while feeding. To neutralize the enzyme do the following. Take a washcloth and soak it in hot water (hot enough to be uncomfortable but not scalding), wring it out. Place it on one of the bites and hold it there for 1 minute. It will sting and feel very hot for a bit, but once you remove the washcloth you will feel it get very cool and the itch will be gone. Camping in Oregon, I learned this trick a long time ago.

You're not supposed to scratch anyways.

I have a fairly severe reaction to mosquito bites and get them all the time. OTC benadryl cream will make them stop itching.

mizu22 0

get some aloe and itch relieving cream. problem solved.

FalconWhitaker 20

Try some calamine lotion on your bites and it should stop the itching, love. :) And next time, use sunscreen and anti-mosquito spray!

The best thing ever is put your aloe in the refrigerator and once it gets cold put it on your sunburn. It should relieve the sunburn and bites at the same time. (yes I know my spelling sucks)