By AngrySon - 29/09/2011 01:12 - United States

Today, I cleaned out the fridge for my mother. I didn't throw out a single thing that was less than a month past its expiration. Instead of thanks, she complained about everything that I threw away being still good, including a tub of butter that had been expired for two years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 329
You deserved it 2 589

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If it moves, kill it. If it's not moving it's fine to eat.

Should have allowed nature's way of showing her she's wrong.

Comments

Because she was using butter instead of KY jelly you moron

Oh gods. I once had some out of date butter. It was furry. And this was after a few months. *shudder*

What must that fridge have smelled like? D:

Didn't you know.. Two year old expired tubs of butter are beyond delicious. ;D

perdix 29

Expiration dates are for pansies. People with iron constitutions can withstand food at various stages of putrefaction. Your mom was probably aging the butter until it was ripe enough for her tough gut.

that is beyond disgusting. its one thing to eat butter 2 weeks after the expiration date, but 2 YEARS? you can DIE from that shit.

It's like one of those people off horders!!

You are aware that hoarding is an actually mental issue correct, it's not just a show.

alazyguy 9

when I imagine "tub of butter" i picture a bathtub filled with butter.

No good deed goes unpunished. Tell her to eat her well-aged butter out if the trash if she's gonna complain.

Sounds like my mother-in-law. She tried to feed us macaroni casserole using Kraft Mac&cheese that expired in 2005 last year. Thank GOD no one actually ate it! She doesn't believe in expiration dates and thinks they're all a myth to get people to throw out 'perfectly good food' to waste money on more.