By jesushelpme - 22/10/2012 19:08 - United States - Nixa

Today, I came home to find an almost completely devoured cheesecake, The Notebook playing on the TV, and a shoe thrown at my head. It's safe to say my girlfriend is just about on her period. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 135
You deserved it 5 585

Same thing different taste

Comments

I'm surprised no one has said it yet: Bloody Hell!

Honestly, all the stereotypes about girls on their period are getting old. Can a girl not eat a cheesecake and watch 'The Notebook' without being accused of being on her period? When I'm on my period, I suck it up, and carry on with my life as if it was a normal day. And maybe she threw a shoe at your head because you're and asshole for assuming she's on her period.

Sounds like "someone" needs some midol, STAT. And by "someone", I mean "liv_graham".

Quiet_one 22

Agreed, 54. The only time I've wanted to throw something at a guy was when he asked if I was on my period because apparently that's the only reason a woman would ever act angry toward a man. In reality I was nowhere near my period, and I was only mad at him because he was being a complete douche even before that comment. Arguing with guys is the most irritating thing in the world, because no matter what reason you have for being upset or how you try to explain it to them they always chalk it up to "she must be on her period, because there's no way she could have a legitimate reason to not be happy all the time." Or maybe all the guys I know are just assholes. I hope that's all it is.

I think it is just the guys you know. I've never had a guy react like that when I've been angry with them...not even when I was in high school with immature guys. Some guys are just jerks and act like that, but most guys don't and really shouldn't be lumped in with the few assholes.

Quiet_one 22

I hope you're right, 92. Maybe it's unfair to say "guys I know" - it's more like "guys I know who do things that piss me off" and that's certainly not all of them. Sadly, these guys are all well out of high school, so I don't know what their excuse is.

Other than cramps I feel fine when I'm on my period.

Better find some more cheese cake and movies.

Just be patient and endure the the one week of hell. It'll pay off later.

Damn it I can't edit it. The extra " the" isn't supposed to be there.

CODE RED CODE RED EVACUATE THE PREMISES!

Shit dude! Just buy her some freaking whoopers or something

I suggest you wear full body armor, and carry around a riot shield just to be safe.

Menstruation is not an excuse to act like a child and throw tantrums. FYL OP, your patience is either idiotic or admirable.