By a critically injured shitehawk - 25/04/2015 10:34 - United Kingdom - York

Today, I brought my girlfriend home to introduce to my parents. My dad thought it would be hilarious to fill some clear bags full of flour, then pretend he was sampling a cocaine shipment when she arrived. She excused herself very quickly and isn't answering my calls. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 195
You deserved it 3 019

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She really believed it was cocaine? Plus, couldn't you run after her when she excused herself? I myself would probably find that really funny, but that's just me.

dagarr 11

Well looks like ur dad was having some fun

Comments

BoeingAirbus 4

If she really thought that was real, then she isn't really the brightest bulb in the box and I think you dodged the bullet on this one.

lenalee96 22

If she gets spooked over that she might be looking for reasons to break it off...

Your father has an amazing sense of humor!

unicornruler 16

Wow, your gf is really dramatic

Why do parents always seem to do their best to **** with their children's relationships?

Hope you got in touch with your girlfriend, OP! To be fair though, that does sound pretty hilarious.

Send her a text message or facebook message so she can at least get a glimpse of your explanation rather than blindly ducking your calls. Eventually she'll get curious enough and read the message. How she handles it from there should give you some answers as to whether or not you feel you should continue the relationship. On the bright side, your family sounds awesome!

I need to remember this for when I have kids.

to everyone insulting her and calling her over dramatic or saying she has no sense of humour, you're forgetting that you know it's a joke, and have been told what it is. she doesn't know it's not real. he's lucky she didn't call the cops.

I completely agree. People seem to be forgetting that she thought it was real, and that there was a whole "shipment." If it was real and the cops busted them, she would've been in trouble too just for being there. Better to be safe than sorry and just stay away from drugs completely. I don't blame her for walking out, but it's weird she isn't answering his calls. She should at least be explaining to op why she can't be with him anymore.

unless she's been through it before and doesn't want to again? you seem an awful lot judgemental for someone you don't even know?