By Spinster - 30/09/2015 05:26 - United States - Brush

Today, I asked my boyfriend of 3 years what he thought about marriage in the future. "Who knows? We might meet other people soon." FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 210
You deserved it 2 426

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Could be nothing, maybe he meant that he doesn't know what will happen in the future? Hope for the best, OP!

andits 21

How soon? Because it's time to replace him.

Comments

We don't even know how old OP is. For all we know she could have been 14/13 when they started dating freshmen year of highschool and now they're 17/16 and still in high school. You really think high school kids should be talking about marriage? We all know how highschool relationships rarely last.

Are friends too important? Hope this works out OP

Ultimately you and him need to have the same goal in the relationship. Once that's figured out, you will know if you still want this relationship.

I wouldn't rush into breaking up just yet, Op. Have a serious chat with him, he might have reasons you don't know about it.

Redgy22 26

It took 3 years just to ask? That's stuff you iron out pretty early. Not necessarily asking for a commitment, but you should make sure your goals are similar before investing so much time. Still a FML though, sorry op

brew44 15

Sounds like my loser ex, even though it hurts you should move on. Don't waste anymore time on someone who can't see themselves with you in the future.

ourtneyc 14

I really hope that doesn't mean he's going to break up with you soon. good luck OP

Queen_of_Night 20

There are other reasons to get married besides a piece of paper and a fancy party (plenty of people get married without the party). If something happens to you or your S.O. their family is next of kin, not you. You don't get to make the decisions to save their life or not (depending on your S.O's wishes) and you could be denied access to visit them in the hospital or barred from the funeral. Just read up on Casey Kasem's death, his kids had to file abuse charges to even make sure they got to see him before he passed, and even then his wife buried him in Norway despite neither of them being from there. That's the power of marriage. If you're living together, someone may suddenly have no place to live and a short time to get affairs in order. My friend passed away due to a drunk driver, he was only 23 at the time. While they were technically common law married, it has been a real struggle for his girlfriend to sue the person responsible for my friend's death, because she cannot prove she was legally his spouse.