By alone - 14/02/2012 05:34 - Australia

Today, I arranged to have some flowers delivered at work for Valentine's Day so that my colleagues will think someone likes me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 731
You deserved it 21 423

Same thing different taste

Top comments

spikey818 9
muchagente 5

good idea... so everyone who might be interested in you will think "oh damn, she's engaged, i've got no chance anyway". makes sure you stay lonely.

Comments

three3_fml 2

Loose some weight, and stop dressing like a boy, maybe someone will notice you.

why does it ALWAYS have to be about weight?

Didn't you know, anyone above a 4 is instantly unattractive! (sarcasm by the way)

chocolatedream 0

Aww that's so sad :( But you shouldn't stoop that low just so your colleagues think you have somebody It's nice to be single, you can put your needs ahead of the other and you won't waste money on gifts! :)

Why are they so important that you would go through all that just so they think you have someone special?

Because *they're* the most meaningful relationships she has!

tbh they probably don't even care, an wouldn't have noticed if you didn't get any.

People buy themselves flowers ALL THE TIME, (I manage a floral shop) it's okay!

sourgirl101 28

I buy myself flowers.(: every time my house is cleaned spotless. It's like the frosting on the cake. But I've never made people think it was from someone else. I think that's what makes the difference here.

mintcar 9

Theres nothing wrong with buying something for yourself, but the reason why you bought the flowers is ******* pathetic. it's Valentines Day, just like any other day. They don't care about you or about the made up guy who sent you those flowers.

JESUS CHRIST YOU'RE A LOSER. Do you think you're validated by having a boyfriend or something? Grow up. It's not the 18th Century and a woman's worth is not judged by whether she has a man or not. Also Valentine's Day is pointless and a moneyspinner for business. Because it shows how much you appreciate another person by spending £20 on some cheesy, vomit-inducing card and gift then taking them out to a restaurant that is so packed you can't hear each other and it winds up being stressful for all. And yes, I am in a relationship, this isn't the single person anti-Valentines rant.